When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Tale of Two Subs

StormTooper4

I know the Noob has been reviewed in the best possible way already,and is getting a few shouts recently, but I thought I'd just share my recent acquisition from eurotimez with you good folks at RWG. I'm constantly surprised by the conservatism I seem to be showing in my watch choices, must be old age I guess, anyway

That's a very nice review. Thanks. :)

By the way, the dial on the Noobmariner is virtually perfect. The only "annoying" flaw on the watch is the oversized triplock crown.

even the pearl doesnt look that bad. one thing that kills me on the noob is the date mag tho its just undersize by a lil bit, but i notice it right away always. im pretty sure ill be picking up an ETA sub from eurotimez in the near future. good to know he stocks genuine new ETAs. i feel eurotimez takes pride in providing excellent QC and thats what sets him apart and why im willing to pay a little more for that quality. does Chris do any servicing like greasing the gaskets before sending it out?

does Chris do any servicing like greasing the gaskets before sending it out?

Given Chris's statement in his first post "Waterproof test and silicon grease of the rubbers will automatic be included in the price" and that its been in the sea quite abit I think thats a yes.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=68845

Yes,

All my watches get the full inspection treatment.

For noobmariners and the like it will include.

---inspecting--- this test is for the noobmariner/yachtmaster

(other watches get similiar treatment (some don't have date/mag so then some test are obviously unnessary)

A. Silcon grease all gaskets / crowns. (read some reviews that my clients clearly could see it was greased etc --NO WHITE LIES from me)

1. Pearl (if it is within acceptable terms, roundness ---some are plain ugly misshapped I dont sell them---)

2. Bezel (if is turns well and doesn't have any issues)

3. Glass (if the glass is clean)

4. Date-mag (if the date-mag on the glass is allignment with the date, if not glass will be reinstalled, also will be checked if it mag is good ---some i've seen are slightly damaged or has a dot on them---)

5. Dail (if all the lume are equally filled, if there's no dust/dirt on the dail, print is crisp etc)

Functions/wear.

6. crown (I pull it in/out couple of times, see if when you pull it out it start in the handwinding position --as many when its not oiled it will jump to position nr 2 which is date-change, then I try out all 3 trip-lock functions, if it doesn't open/close smooth I get it oiled or I won't sell it ---you have no idea how many times I had to re-install/oil the crown because it didn't go smooth in/out)

7. Date change A

( I change the date at position nr 2 of the crown, change from 1 till 31 and all should change well, some have these issues then they'll get repaired --or I wont sell them)

8. Date change B

(I change the time to 24.00 hours the date should change at 24.00 hours I usually give it a margin +/- of 1-3 min error, if it's outside of that margin then I get the hands reinstalled ---in china however where my assoisate let my watchmaker do the same test, he always makes sure its at 24.00 exactly!!! ---I will do so from now on too---)

9. Date change C

( I turn in crown posistion 3, and change turn the time until it hits 24.00 hours, then the date change manually I check this on several dates to ensure that all works properly. I had some items tho, that some dates work fine and some change only go half-way, so from now on I will check all 1-31 dates!!)

9. Date-allignment will get checked.

10. Bracelet

I will check if the clasp open/closes, if the overal quality and fit to the watch is okay.

11. Screws

Check all the screws by individually unscrewing them until they almost go out, then screw them back in. As if one....yes only 1 screw don't screw out, or can't screw close, the whole bracelet is useless and the client cannot where the watch. This problem is not uncommen.

12. If ETA movement = Movement checked if it is new ETA

(if it is new ETA movement -checked if it isn't a copy-movement, second grade/recycled one-, if it is asian movement very easy to tell)

--China only service--

(only my watchmaker in china who worked for gen company for 7 years has all the right equipment, my contact brings it personally to him for the above inspection + below then she'll double check some random functions!!!)

13. Water-resistance test till 50m

14. Hearbeat monitor.

---for chronograph movements----

We will check all functions and cosmetic design/looks.

All the above is a factual statement and is actually performed --NO WHITE, BLACK, GREY, BROWN LIES-- any customer may verify my word on this one!

Warm regards and thanks for reading.

Chris

th_web_rlx-noobmariner-sale-729.jpg

th_eurotimez-quality-control.png

Edited by EuroTimez