When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

LumiNova vs. Super-LumiNova?

szvwj

I've been trying to figure out the difference (if any) between Luminova and SuperLuminova. I found this on a Rolex Forum:

The terms "SuperLuminova" and "Luminova" describe the same paint compound.

Technically, there is no difference between the two, but "SuperLuminova" is a term reserved by Nemoto's European partner, Tritec

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Man, I should have just asked you to begin with!

I've been talking to 2 different Chemical supply houses in the US that sell Luminova. It sounds like it MIGHT be the same stuff that RC Tritec sells. I've heard that RC Tritec owns the rights to the name SuperLumiNova, but that the pigment is the same as LumiNova. The only thing is that you have to buy a minimum of 1lb of the stuff. The good news is that it's not too horribly expensive (a lot less than RC Tritec).

With 1lb, I could lume everything in my house! Or... I could re-package it and re-sell it as SuperDuperLumiNova, any takers?

Man, I should have just asked you to begin with!

I've been talking to 2 different Chemical supply houses in the US that sell Luminova. It sounds like it MIGHT be the same stuff that RC Tritec sells. I've heard that RC Tritec owns the rights to the name SuperLumiNova, but that the pigment is the same as LumiNova. The only thing is that you have to buy a minimum of 1lb of the stuff. The good news is that it's not too horribly expensive (a lot less than RC Tritec).

With 1lb, I could lume everything in my house! Or... I could re-package it and re-sell it as SuperDuperLumiNova, any takers?

If it's 1lb and way cheaper than the RC Tritec...it definitely will NOT be the same stuff. SuperLuminova is the good stuff...there is no equivalent, unfortunately.

Once the SuperLuminova is put on...it never needs redoing. Done. But 1gm costs a tonne...so if you have a minimum 1lb order...that's definitely not the same stuff.