When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eBay dealer offering bribe for removal of feedback...

TeeJay

Hmm, the seller didn't misrepresent anything, but he is most probably aware that the adapter has issues as he has received negatives and neutrals over that same product. I'm assuming he's also received a lot of positives for that adapter?

Personally, if I was in that sellers position I would stop selling the product. Or another alternative is to do my own investigation and find out if it has a problem with all p168+ models, or could it be that the phone is at fault (outdated firmware or other such issues). If this turns out to be the case, I would make it clear in my listing that this adapter does have known issues with some p168+ phones, so purchaser is buying at own risk.. something along the lines of that. However I admit that I would have to be pretty desperate to flog them off for me to do that, as another member pointed out above, he might have surplus stock of these adapters so he's trying to get rid of them on e-bay.

Hmm, the seller didn't misrepresent anything, but he is most probably aware that the adapter has issues as he has received negatives and neutrals over that same product. I'm assuming he's also received a lot of positives for that adapter?

Personally, if I was in that sellers position I would stop selling the product. Or another alternative is to do my own investigation and find out if it has a problem with all p168+ models, or could it be that the phone is at fault (outdated firmware or other such issues). If this turns out to be the case, I would make it clear in my listing that this adapter does have known issues with some p168+ phones, so purchaser is buying at own risk.. something along the lines of that. However I admit that I would have to be pretty desperate to flog them off for me to do that, as another member pointed out above, he might have surplus stock of these adapters so he's trying to get rid of them on e-bay.

You're right there, bro, he didn't misrepresent anything, but, from the other feedback he had, I'd certainly say it was witholding known information. Not lying, per se, but definitley behaving in a less than honest fashion...

Given the phone didn't have any 'audio dropout' when using the factory-issued headphones, I think this has to be a case of the adaptor not interfacing properly with the phone (or the headphones). Especially when the headphones connected to the adaptor, work flawlessly with other MP3 players ;)

As you say, personally, I would have the listing, but then specify that problems with intereacting with a person's own headphones is a possibility, that way it covers both the possibility of the adaptor functioning perfectly, while still covering the possibility of the adaptor not being fully compatible with the headphones :lol: I have to admit, I don't really have a problem with them as a dealer, I was just really shocked that they would attempt to pay someone to remove less than 100% positive feedback :lol: I wonder if they did that to all the buyers who left negatives, and if the buyers also told them to jog on :lol: Oh well, hopefully the new phone will work... I might even do another review :lol:

"he didn't misrepresent anything, but, from the other feedback he had, I'd certainly say it was witholding known information. Not lying, per se, but definitley behaving in a less than honest fashion..."

well lying by ommission is still lying, no?

that IS desreving of a neutral feedback dont you think? Cause there ARE sellers who are 100% honest who therefore deserve positive