When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pimp my Panerai

blade007

I dont know much about Panerai and such but I have currently put a crown guard and a leather strap on this:

IMG_2101.jpg

dedicated thread here

Haha, just to try and see if i like the look of panerai on my wrist, the experiment is strictly confined to the 4 walls of my flat. Admittedly, this may be the worst panerai in the world. But I like the look and the size is not overly massive either.

I am sure the kind folk here can recommend me something that is miles better than my current hockey puck. I am looking for the "super rep" or a highest quality rep, but on the budget of around $150 max.

Hmmm...

This:

I am looking for the "super rep" or a highest quality rep,

is rather contradicted by this:

but on the budget of around $150 max.

;):lol:

I've always been happy with the watches I got from Tony, which are around that $150 mark. See my PAM wrist shots as examples :)

The one you put together might not be necessarily accurate to any known model, but, if it tells the time accurately, why not throw a really nice strap on it, and wear it around a bit. Folks don't know what PAMs are even supposed to look like, let alone spot a fantasy model ;)

I've always been happy with the watches I got from Tony, which are around that $150 mark. See my PAM wrist shots as examples :)

Mate is Tony in EU? has anyone from Eu had any hassle with customs etc? Where can i see your wrist shots?

The one you put together might not be necessarily accurate to any known model, but, if it tells the time accurately, why not throw a really nice strap on it, and wear it around a bit. Folks don't know what PAMs are even supposed to look like, let alone spot a fantasy model ;)

Yeah I guess you are right, I am not overly bothered about being "called out", its a rep and as long as I remember that myself I guess it doesnt matter what others make of it. The one in the picture is "alright", but its in a pretty bad shape, too many scratches and crown guard is in a very bad shape. I think rather than spending money to pimp this one I would get a best rep $150 can buy.

how about 111h with asian movement? Anyone know of any eu/uk dealers that carry it?

Mate is Tony in EU?

No mate, he's in China, but, I've had stuff sent via EMS (which is then delivered by Parcel Force) and by regular airmail (which I think was then delivered by the Royal Mail) and never had a problem with any delivery. They've all come through within the promised timeframe (about 7 working days)

Where can i see your wrist shots?

Here's a few for you :) Not what could be considered 'super reps', but good enough for my requirements :)

DSCN3043.jpg

42700ab1.jpg

74420373.jpg

9a8aa344.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

I know folks advise against getting reps wet, but, I've never had a problem from doing so...

dd8f106e.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

;)

Yeah I guess you are right, I am not overly bothered about being "called out", its a rep and as long as I remember that myself I guess it doesnt matter what others make of it. The one in the picture is "alright", but its in a pretty bad shape, too many scratches and crown guard is in a very bad shape. I think rather than spending money to pimp this one I would get a best rep $150 can buy.

I know what you're meaning: Would the money spent modding it be better spent buying a new watch and being done with it... Only you can really answer that one, but, I would say, if you wouldn't be happy wearing that watch (even with extensive mod work) it might be better spending the money on a new watch and being done with. I had once planned to mod a POS Omega 2531.80, but in the end, just bought a new one, as it was too much hassle thinking about sourcing parts, and watches to cannabalize for parts, so in the end, it was as easy to just buy one :)

very nice watches TeeJay, thanks for sharing mate, seems like there are so many good models out there. I love the black PVD version.

Also, I came across a few GEN watches that mimic the panerai style, they are more than my budget but I think a gen is worth stretching out my budget:

Magrette Regattare Valencia

http://www.magrette.com

large-gallery01.jpg

large-gallery04a.jpg

regattare-a.jpg

large-gallery03.jpg

large-gallery05.jpg

large-gallery08.jpg

any ideas/opinions?

very nice watches TeeJay, thanks for sharing mate, seems like there are so many good models out there. I love the black PVD version.

Also, I came across a few GEN watches that mimic the panerai style, they are more than my budget but I think a gen is worth stretching out my budget:

Magrette Regattare Valencia

any ideas/opinions?

No problem :) As mentioned, they don't come in 'Super Rep' catagory, but pretty nice for their cost. The PVD is nice, but, doesn't see much wrist time. In all honesty, it's not a very versatile watch. Regular SS is much more versatile, so probably a better choice.

I like the look of the Magrettes, although without the crown guard, they look like they're 'missing' something :lol: The price is okay, so I guess it comes down to personal choice :)