When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help please! Noob questions

robertb

Let me preface this post by saying that this forums is a wealth of information. I am new to the rep game and have never owned one but after seeing these glowing reviews, I have to have some! I have a gen 2 tone blue sub and wanted a SS daily. I ordered a black SS sub from Trusty (Andrew) and he has 2 versions of the cheap sub.

1. "newbie" sub for $98

2. "beginner" sub for $78

The problem here is that by definition, "noob" = beginner = newbie! Andrew said that the "beginner" is the one officially referred to as the "noob" but the "newbie" has a nicer mag, date dial and band. So my question is: Is the more expensive "newbie" an improved version of the "beginner" or "noob" watch?

This is way too confusing and way too difficult for a sub $100 purchase (pun intended) but I really want the "noob" whatever that means.

Trusty is the guy to ask these questions and he has already told you -

but the "newbie" has a nicer mag, date dial and band.
At this price I would spend the extra 20 bucks. It will be a nice entry level watch for you that most of us have bought at one time or another. :D

Usil