When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Altering sigature statement

lanikai

First.. i would like to thank RWG for all that this community has given to me..

with my business and schedule i don't have much time when I get home to do alot.. so roaming the forum is as much as I can do at times before it's time to get my paper work ready for the next press run...

this community bands together in times of crisis and really from all over the planet pitches in to give... during one such time I was personally proud to be a part of what was going on.. hence I left up my statement of.. "when we help one member we help

RWG stand tall" .. i wanted to leave this on my signature.. because I really believed in those words... I still do..

However.. I think it is misunderstood at times..

i have had request for prices on Reps.. and other 'concierge' like request..I would like nothing better than to accomadate these request.. but in reality i really don't want to be responsible for researching cost of reps and pricing from collectors..other PM's I am happy to reply to IE. what did I do with such and such a rep when I had (or if I had) a problem.. or what is my take on a rep I posted..etc..

so in Hind sight .. i will remove this statement.. (I still strongly believe in it).. but I would like to "walk my talk" and questions such as "what is the price of a certain rep".. well it may seem like rudeness for me to say that I don't want to get involved in quoting prices.. so .. I will still stand to support RWG and it's members.. but I'm taking down the statement .. so it is not misunderstood.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. it's all good.. "I hope" :yu:

Well, Lani, I agree with you that there is a huge difference in helping each other and being "concierge"...

The last "concierge PM" I got is this (I didn't remove nor add a word):

can you tell me what Ruby's website is ?

I'm looking to pick up a white dial SFSO but Silix only has the black one listed.

Thanks

This fellow didn't even say "Hi" but said "thanks".

I don't even buy from Ruby so I disregarded the PM this time :blink:

Well, Lani, I agree with you that there is a huge difference in helping each other and being "concierge"...

The last "concierge PM" I got is this (I didn't remove nor add a word):

This fellow didn't even say "Hi" but said "thanks".

I don't even buy from Ruby so I disregarded the PM this time :blink:

Yes.. some of the hit and run up just to shop members need to be taught some manners or ignored,... I guess this place means more to most of us than getting the "best deal"

OH nothing is perfect... we all want to help.. but it got to the point of people just wanting to be served.. sheesh.. give me a break...

Sometimes these guys are spamming a bunch of people to gather a consensus, or just on the assumption that at least one will provide an intelligent answer.

I recall a few times being asked about Rolex reps. I don't recall ever posting in the Rolex forum, and sold my only Rolex rep more than a year ago -- so how did I suddenly become this fountain of insight on Rolexes for someone I'd never even heard of before?

Those types of requests are very easy to ignore.

You are a generous person, Lanikai, but that doesn't mean you have to help every one. You did the right thing, and the majority of the board know that you are a class act with or without the signature.