When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So Rollie heads!

offshore

This has appeared at an auction, and is in my local town, so it can eventually be verified.

I don't claim to have the eye of an expert, but it looks pretty good to me.

What say the experts?

Description of the item is limited-

Up for auction is my 100% genuine & original vintage rolex submariner date ref.16800 with matte-black dial, comes complete with original inner/outer box, passport holder, anchor & booklet (sorry but no Rolex certificate).

Circa 1977-80 serial 7.2 million in excellence condition.

Winning bidder can finalize the transaction face to face, but it has to be at my conveneince & public place like the bank or an authorized rolex dealer.

So what say you Rolliephiles?

:thumbs:

or

:thumbdown:

BTW, It is opening, with a ridiculously low start!

Offshore

post-13-1209029016_thumb.jpg

post-13-1209029062_thumb.jpg

post-13-1209029149.jpg

post-13-1209029181_thumb.jpg

post-13-1209029217_thumb.jpg

post-13-1209029244_thumb.jpg

post-13-1209029278_thumb.jpg

The watch looks good- a little puffiness to the lume, bezel insert appears to be replaced- triangular 4 in 40, 7.2 mil dates from '81-82- still ok. Anything under $4K, USD is a steal. Low retail is $4500- watch sellers would want $5000-5500. Bracelet should be 93150 with 593 end pieces.

This watch is becoming a vintage. I look for value to double in the next three years- especially with the transitional matte dial (pre white gold surrounds). The 3035 movt has a few shortcomings, which were corrected with the 3135, but you can still get parts and Rolex still services them- you'd just have to specify don't touch the dial or hands! And a Rolex service would probably still run $500-1000- which is why so many people use watchmakers with a Rolex parts account- it ain't rocket science!