When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega New Models Info

docblackrock

Sure some of you have this info already (although not seen much posted apart from few Basel pics) but thought I'd share anyway...

Went into a work-local AD at lunchtime, just browsing for a birthday present for my GF (ladies Speedmaster white MOP or Tag F1 Diamonds white), and as usual got distracted by my own tastes :whistling:

Started chatting to the token very attractive girl (why is there only the one? is it some kind of 'fluffer' policy? ^_^ ), and we're talking about the PO and she's asking me 'if I swim often, I look like it' (hmmm :wub: ) when the manager steals in and takes over :rolleyes:<_<

'The PO is a big watch you know?' he says. 'Actually it's massive, absolutely huge, doesn't suit everyone...blah blah blah...Now I"m a bit [censored] off, what with him cramping my style but I relax and let it pass. 'That's ok, 45 mm right' I reply, 'I like big watches' at which point he stares at the PAM crown guard now peeking coquettishly out from my sleeve....I can't resist it, and a quick flash of my 212 on Hirsch kevlar elicits a huge drool pool from him and instantly he switches into 'fawn' mode.

Deciding to see how far I can push him, I ask 'What about the chronos?'.

Aha, the 'Illuminati' question apparently, and he pulls out an aluminium file full of what looks like internal Omega marketing memos and press packs, and hands over a booklet with a foreword by Frederic Nardin (middle name 'Ullysses' perhaps? ;) ) containing some hi-res photos of forthcoming models for the rest of the year and 2007 and likely RRPs.

Some interesting new models, including Speedys (Dates, Day-Dates, limited edition Apollo 15 black-gold dial, many pastel-coloured ladies MOP as I mentioned earlier), ans Seamasters (at least 6 different Bond incarnations, and an interesting Regatta chrono and of course, the PO Chronos). Too many pics to scan and post here, sorry.

So, in case you didn't know already, the PO chronos will be out late Aug/early Sept (prob later than the reps :lol: ), housing a calibre 3313 movement and will retail for £3000 (compared to the £1850 of the regular POs).

Six models, the standout being this one IMO - time to start saving now :Jumpy:

74032-31950.jpg

ETA 7753 for the rep?

Looks like there would be subdial spacing problems w/ the 7753, since the PO rep probably uses the speedy mvmnt (somebody please tell me I'm wrong).

Asia El Primero. Got a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

I pray every day for a rep of that one. I am holding off buying an orange planet ocean rep in hopes the chrono will be repped. I talked to my local jewler and she said maybe next month or the following at a price of 5480.00 US. kinda pricy but a gorgeous watch.

Dustin

Well - that's put paid to the 'He valve is too low' brigade....

I am sure the chrono spacing will be off- the subdial hands will be the wrong color and the omega logo will be misplaced....capped off by having the date window misaligned with the wrong date font -of course.....we will have to wait for the 7th version :lol: