When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice on DSN Pam 82

mwee

The caseback looks correct to me....

DSCF7716-2.jpg

Is it just me or does the "officine panerai" etc not look very well engraved? It doesn't look quite distinct enough, and kinda blurry.

And what's the brown stuff around the case back edges?

Edited by Chronus

Hi All,

Just to explain to a newbie.

What does the DSN stand for.

I assume its a manufacturer or vendor.

Where can you actually find them. Is there a website or somewhere through here.

You all seem to understand each other but the lingo is new to me.

It looks a lovely watch and I'd like to find one.

Thanks

Debbei

Hi debbie, welcome aboard.

DSN stands for Davidsen (also Davidsenjpn), and yes, he is both a manufacturer and a dealer.

He has a section here, in the Trading Zone forum, Accessories sub-forum.

If you cannot see it then you need to upgrade your membership.

Some things to clear up:

- the hands should be black...of course!

- the color of the gen- vs. rep-dial...well, you cannot really tell, I had the gen in my hands many times and the color changes in every light, surrounding, angle you hold it and pints you have in :p

- the caseback is not as deep and crisp engraved like on the real one...but please don

With DSN it's like playing one of those slot machine that you need to get all the same symbols lined up. I have so little interest in his pieces that I don't know which version is which. Can some tell me is the 'old dial' the one with the normal rep 'droopy As' or the corrected, but too tall and skinny font?

As far as I'm concerned his 082 caseback is rubbish. It has a faint laser etched finish that in no way resembles the Panerai engraving and the wrong bits are etched instead of polished.

The Ti case is fine except it probably still has the wierd crownguard that can't be swapped with something better and the blue dial has a nice finish. Pity that he STILL can't get the font right.

Come on everyone - is this anywhere near the standard we expect from the Breitling Heritage / Breitling Steelfish / IWC Ingy / B&R 01 / Omega Seamaster chrono etc etc? You are paying Super Rep prices for WHAT?? Wake up and smell the coffee.

As long as people continue to say that DSN's xxx is great he will continue to peddle mediocre tripe. He has the means to get this right and simply lacks the motivation. The greatest motivator is voting with your wallet. Don't forget the $ still is worth real money in China.

Edited by PAMman

the caseback is not accurate, the image is supposed to be polished, not engraved!!!

Can you see the difference???

gen -

082genny1ik4.jpg

DSN "new" rep -

DSCF7716-2.jpg

also notice how this new rep version does not have any markings on the case.

DSN did make a correct case back version back in the days.. i guess this fact kinda increases the value of my 82 with correct engraving ;)

now , the big question is How the hell is this improved version???

Edited by mil_sub