When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would you buy a low-profile Daytona 1165xx case for $139?

freddy333

Now, if Tony was an honest seller & there really was a mistake, at the very least........at the very least.........he would have immediately corrected the 'mistakes' on his website & updated it to reflect the actual Canal Street rubbish he is selling. As of 1 minute ago, the description (describing a working chrono) & pictures are the same. I do not know about anyone else, but when you advertise 1 thing & sell something else & then demand additional money to get the thing you advertised in the 1st place, that is called 'Bait & Switch' (aka GETTING SCREWED), which is NOT a mistake, NOT an accident, NOT an oversight & NOT acceptable.

How quickly do other dealers change their sales information though? Do they make changes instantly? Do they even make the changes themselves, or do they have a webmaster do it for them on their behalf? If so, that would take time, but, that's something you'd have to take up with Tony. I'm not his spokesperson, I don't have any 'inside scoop' on his business, I'm just someone who has found him pleasant to transact business with in the past, and was pleased with the results of those transactions.

If that's actually the case, and he is indeed pulling a deliberate Bait & Switch, then even if the case is good for a project, at the end of the day, it wasn't what you wanted. As it's not what you wanted, I suggest you send the Daytona back for a full refund. Don't settle for anything less.

Also, with regard your comment "demand additional money to get the thing you advertised in the 1st place", was Tony asking extra money for an Asian movement with chrono function, or, was the watch he mentioned (with the higer cost) actually a different model and (in theory) a higher grade one than the one you thought you'd purchased? I only ask, as that would be quite different to a Bait & Switch.

At the end of the day, if Tony's deliberately scammed you, then I won't defend him. I have no desire to get a reputation as his 'shill'. To be honest, I can't really add more than I said previously, about if it was a legitimate mistake, and giving him the chance to correct it.

Best of luck with getting a satisfactory resolution :)

Now that is a helpful and informative answer ( for my case anyway ). I never knew that this existed , or was possible.

At this stage, I have absolutely NO issues with Tony, my description to what actually transpired with CQout was a totally different issue.

Thanks Tee-jay.

No problem, Rod, glad to be of help :) The CC option, is one he instated on his site following paypal issues. I'm not sure if he advertises it on CQout, as I haven't looked at any of his listings there recently. Essentially, it consisted of a weblink, to what looked like a simple enquiry form, ie: items required, cost (in USD) name, email etc. However, clicking the button at the bottom, rather than submitting it as an enquiry (which it isn't, it just looks like an enquiry form :lol: ) then moves you onto a standard CC processing page. I hope you get your issue resolved :)