When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Share your power reserve duration and life of your watch

nasosn

After getting my brand new and magnificent BCE from PT yesterday first of all i feel a more active member of this community and i started wondering what is the overall power reserve duration of your watches and for how long have you been their proud owners no matter if these watches are serviced or straight out of the factory :g: Of course if you had them serviced please mention it (don't cheat :p ) and let us know what is their current status. I think if we all share some numbers in this thread it will be really interesting :huh:

So let's see.....

Edited by nasosn

My 7750 power reserves have been varying from 24 hours to 50 hours. Actually you "should" get more than 24 hours, but I guess the low power reserve is not that big of a deal (if the watch is functioning perfectly otherwise).

My 7750 power reserves have been varying from 24 hours to 50 hours. Actually you "should" get more than 24 hours, but I guess the low power reserve is not that big of a deal (if the watch is functioning perfectly otherwise).

Thanks By-Tor for replying...But i'm getting so far (without having attempted to measure it) maximum 12 hours of reserve power :huh: If i sleep a little bit longer i may find out that my watch has run out of power :D Is there a trick as far as the crown is concerned so as to increase the timings??

Give your watch 35 slow full winds from the crown, leave it on the table and see how long it runs. If you only get 12 hours your watch has a problem.

Give your watch 35 slow full winds from the crown, leave it on the table and see how long it runs. If you only get 12 hours your watch has a problem.

This is something i've never done so far :rolleyes: You are right By-Tor it is also something that The Zigmeister has pointed out several times! :bangin:

Should i do this when the watch is totally stopped (meaning out of energy) or even if it's working?

This is something i've never done so far :rolleyes: You are right By-Tor it is also something that Ziggy has pointed out several times! :bangin:

Should i do this when the watch is totally stopped (meaning out of energy) or even if it's working?

It doesn't matter. The idea is to get your watch fully wound, and then see how long the actual power reserve is.