When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Visit To An Ad While Wearing A Rep

kasigi

It didn't even cross my mind that I was wearing my 005 but I was in Lakeside buying a pair of shoes and as I walked past Beaverbrooks I saw the Omega display in the window with a 45mm PO black and a 42mm PO orange taking pride of place.

I went it to ask if I could have a look at them, I was sat down and offered a drink. The nice lady introduced herself and came back with the two watches. I specifically asked if they had the 45mm orange as that's what I really wanted to try on but they only had what I mentioned.

I didn't even think of it but I took my Joshua 005 off and put it down while I tried on the black (the orange one had a smaller bracelet which didn't fit me) and she asked if she could have a look at mine while I was looking at the PO. At this point it clicked what was happening! She picked it up and looked closely at the front and said that it's very nice and I'm obviously a man of taste :D She didn't even look at the back. We chatted watches for a few minutes, I put mine back on and we continued to talk about the Omega and she again complemented me saying my watch is "gorgeous".

I finished my coffee, she gave me a card, we shook hands and I left.

Conclusions

1) The large sized Planet Ocean is absolutely beautiful. If the one I receive is 90% of the gen then I'll be very very happy because it's such a nice watch to wear. Seeing and trying on the gen has made me even more excited knowing I have a rep on the way.

2) My Panerai 005 Logo unintentionally passed muster. The Panerai name still isn't very well known in the UK so she may or may not have even known what it is. But I don't care, a nice fit doris liked it, even if she was just touting for business ;)