When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would you roll in this?

TeeJay

So I had a little time to kill while waiting for another project to finish drying, and got to thinking about modified cars...

I've always wanted an MGB, and for the last few months, someone down the street, has been working on two. (I suspect one is simply a donor car) I keep meaning to ask if they plan on selling them once they're done, but never get round to it, and had an idea, what it might be like to put a Japanese bodykit, and Chip Foose wheels, on such a car.

A few found photos, photoshop, and I had my answer:

mgb_mod.jpg

What do folks think? Interesting project, or just a butchery of a design classic?

MGB is not a powerhouse, it's a gentleman's "sports" car. Just like Alpha Spider, it's not about the performance, it's all about the "spirit". That kind of oversized spoilers can ruin almost ANY car... but especially a classic like MGB.

Original MGB is very nice, but now it looks like a teenager who's flexing his non-existent muscles.

Tasteless. Especially the front. Just imho.

The only mods anyone should ever make to an MGB is putting a V8 (or even a decent modern V6) in one and uprating the brakes, suspension and running gear. The exterior should be untouched. Wire Wheels are the nearest you're allowed to a rim upgrade.

Thanks for the responses guys, and indeed, that's confirmed my own thoughts. Once I'd done the picture (which was really just something to do) there was something about it which I couldn't quite put my finger on, but you've said what I needed to hear :) Now, to find out if the guy with the two 'under wraps' has plans to sell one :lol: Don't worry, I won't mod it ;)