When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The "A" on a Pam 029

teddy boy

In most of the older Panerai reps, including the 029, the A has its crossbar too low, resulting in a larger upper triangle and a 'droopy' appearance. Just compare most rep PAMs with the corresponding gens - the newer reps (104 some subs etc) are correct but the bulk are incorrect. The 029 pictured in that post had the crossbar at the correct height so this must be a different run of dial. However if it is for the Asain movement only then this dial will not suit the more desirable ETA 2893 movement watches.

In most of the older Panerai reps, including the 029, the A has its crossbar too low, resulting in a larger upper triangle and a 'droopy' appearance. Just compare most rep PAMs with the corresponding gens - the newer reps (104 some subs etc) are correct but the bulk are incorrect. The 029 pictured in that post had the crossbar at the correct height so this must be a different run of dial. However if it is for the Asain movement only then this dial will not suit the more desirable ETA 2893 movement watches.

Thanks for the response. Some of y'all (I'm from NC) amaze me with your abilities to notice detail. I'm going to look more carefully at some gen pictures and also at some reps to see if I can pick up the difference.

Hey Teddy Boy,

I am sorry you are in NC and not SC like me. :)

Spend all your time looking at genuine watches on the net and at an AD, and then you too can be a watch nerd. lol

I have learned just enough to make me dangerous, but I still have to bow to some of the master nerds on here. They have mad skills finding flaws with reps and I have learned so much from this forum and it's members.

To all my watch nerd brothers, a toast.

Hey Teddy Boy,

I am sorry you are in NC and not SC like me. :)

Spend all your time looking at genuine watches on the net and at an AD, and then you too can be a watch nerd. lol

I have learned just enough to make me dangerous, but I still have to bow to some of the master nerds on here. They have mad skills finding flaws with reps and I have learned so much from this forum and it's members.

To all my watch nerd brothers, a toast.

Sir Lancelot, I actually mistated. I live in NC but I am actually of SC. I grew up in SC and hold a degree from the University of South Carolina. I am a rabid Gamecock fan, please tell me that you don't see orange.

I despise all things orange, especially The Hee Haw Technical Institute in Pickens County. My children will not even wear that color because Daddy is crazy. lol

64453348bo6.png

Go Cocks!

I am "thenightowl" on the rivals board. I live in Davidson NC which is close enough to hold seasons tickets; a group of friends and I go to at least one road game a year. This year it will be to the UF game. If you're a season ticket holder, I'll walk by and make my manners next fall, talk Carolina football and watches. Great pic btw, you just needed a watch in the shot.

I am "thenightowl" on the rivals board. I live in Davidson NC which is close enough to hold seasons tickets; a group of friends and I go to at least one road game a year. This year it will be to the UF game. If you're a season ticket holder, I'll walk by and make my manners next fall, talk Carolina football and watches. Great pic btw, you just needed a watch in the shot.

Ha. I am the same name on Rivals. I do have season tickets. Section 6.

I cant wait until August 28th. I will shoot you and peepshow a pm with my email addy. I am always looking for a good excuse to toss back a few beers. I live in Florence by the way.

Dang fellas, it's a small world. Off to eat with the family right now, but I will send contact info to you both this evening.