When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JimmyFu and 7750 Movement...

mattegold

Just curious if the automatic 7750 will fit into a JF case.

The JF case is a bit thinner Crystal-to-Caseback, and I have heard differing opinions on the subject.

Are modification required to allow fitment? Is it a pretty straight swap?

Any and all insight is appreciated.

-M

How about the pusher holes? The Jimmy Fu case doesn't have pusher holes.

Are you talking about 'pusher holes' for a Chrono?

I am trying to build a PAM104 with a JF case, so I wouldn't need the Chrono 'pushers' if that's what you are referring to. If you are talking about something else, please enlighten me.

Just trying to figure out if a 7750 is too 'thick' for a JF case... or if it would even be appropriate.

-M

Just curious if the automatic 7750 will fit into a JF case.

The JF case is a bit thinner Crystal-to-Caseback, and I have heard differing opinions on the subject.

Are modification required to allow fitment? Is it a pretty straight swap?

Any and all insight is appreciated.

-M

Don't know the answer but don't forget that the autos have a diffent caseback from the handwind models and Jimmy's caseback is for handwinds. Maybe adding the appropriate back to Jimmy's case will help.

Are you talking about 'pusher holes' for a Chrono?

I am trying to build a PAM104 with a JF case, so I wouldn't need the Chrono 'pushers' if that's what you are referring to. If you are talking about something else, please enlighten me.

Just trying to figure out if a 7750 is too 'thick' for a JF case... or if it would even be appropriate.

-M

Yes, dumb comment on my part.

Don't know the answer but don't forget that the autos have a diffent caseback from the handwind models and Jimmy's caseback is for handwinds. Maybe adding the appropriate back to Jimmy's case will help.

Thanks for the heads up. I have an auto caseback sitting here next to a handwind and yes, I can clearly see what you are saying. The Auto caseback will get the nod if this does indeed become a auto. However the JF still seems a millimeter 'shorter' not taking the caseback into account.

Wondering if anyone out there HAS a JimmyFu 104 (or any Auto for that matter). Anything to watch out for during the process?

TIA.

-M

I don't think it is thick enough...

The 6497 is 4.5mm thick.... and the 7750 is 7.9mm thick.... 3.4mm of difference is quite a lot IMO...

:o

Woah! I had no idea it's that big of a difference.

Hmmm... looks like plans may be changing.

Thanks for the heads up.

-M

I don't think it is thick enough...

The 6497 is 4.5mm thick.... and the 7750 is 7.9mm thick.... 3.4mm of difference is quite a lot IMO...

Absolutely agree.

If you try and put a 7750 into a case for manual PAM, the least it can happen is that the stem does not align.

Most likely, even the caseback will not close.

If you want a handy reference about a few movements sizes, maybe this can help:

Movements.xls

Absolutely agree.

If you try and put a 7750 into a case for manual PAM, the least it can happen is that the stem does not align.

Most likely, even the caseback will not close.

If you want a handy reference about a few movements sizes, maybe this can help:

Movements.xls

Thanks for the file :)

Thanks for the input guys, In my defense, the idea of a 104 in a JF case was put in my head from this post. :)

I guess now I have to decide on a new project...:scratch: anyone willing to part with their 6497 Swan Neck w/Dagger?

-M