When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Value PAM 111 and 212

Spy

Hi everyone :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I only just found the site and am mightily impressed by the following rep watches seem to have.

I am totally new to this and would be grateful for some advice.

I would really like either a PAM 111 or 212 (1950 Flyback) but cannot afford the cost of a genuine model.

Who supplies the best value (balance of price, quality and accuracy) PAM 111 and PAM 212 ?

I am assuming it may not be the same supplier.

So far I have come across a site called homagewatch.com who says they supply PAM111.com watches in the UK :g:

Has anyone heard of these and how do they compare to any recommended suppliers ?

Once again, thanks for your help and I am very excited about finding this site. I can see this becoming an addictve hobby :bangin:

Edited by Spy

Thanks guys.

Turbo, is Angus based in the UK hence your recommendation ?

Jawo, what is the difference between the 111E and 111H ?

Thanks.

Angus isn't based in the UK, but you shouldn't have any problems ordering from him, I never have, he is a great 'collector'

As far as the differences, the only main difference I am aware of is that the 111e is a sausagedial (lume is applied onto the dial) and the 111h is a sandwich dial (lume is underneath and the numbers and markers are cut out of the black part of the dial and layered on top).

Thanks Elisir, and everyone for your great advice.

I am a little worried about buying my first rep from the Far East and would prefer to buy in the UK in order to avoid customs complications.

Does anyone know of a great PAM 111 rep that is supplied by a UK seller ?

turboGUATE mentioned Precious Time is UK based...

Thanks, but does Precious time do a good 111 replica ?

I guess my original questions should have been who does the best 111 rep in the UK.

I have found this one, what do people think ?

Link to pics (due to size):

Front -1

Front -2

Back-Swiss 6497-2 (or so I am told)

Thanks.

Edited by Spy

Thanks, but does Precious time do a good 111 replica ?

I guess my original questions should have been who does the best 111 rep in the UK.

I have found this one, what do people think ?

Link to pics (due to size):

Front -1

Front -2

Back-Swiss 6497-2 (or so I am told)

Thanks.

There are much better copies than that around think thats an "E" series swiss/Asian movement (base swiss with asian parts) it's most certainly the older 6497-1 and in the wrong case I am almost sure that movement should be on a solid dial not a sandwich dial. I cant see from picture if cannon pinion is standard or been fixed. It's ok if its under $150 but I wouldn't pay any premium for the swiss part of it you would be better off with a 6497-2 Asian H series with swan neck they are around for less than $200 and far more accurate a copy than the one in the picture

That's a Swiss movement, but it's not a 6497-2. This is the older OP1 or OP2 style movement, not the OPX/OPXI that should be in a 111. Completely wrong movement for a sandwich dial 111. That's a great movement for any A-D series PAM rep you might want to build, though.