When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

089 back from Nova Scotia..

lanikai

After a year and a half of waiting for the proper date wheel.. my 089 has made it's way back from Nova Scotia !!!

the wait was worth every single day !!.. Thank you R&J for making this timepiece that I could no longer look at because of the DW... and lello for all the stress and trouble you go through to supply this community with the "grail".. you do not know how much it is appreciated !!

If I had a choice of genuine Pams right now it would be the 089 .. but this is for me ... "killer"..

i had to do without heavy lights so that I could show the oxidation in the TI... least I forget.. thank you kruzer for the sacrifice of the TI genuine crown !!! I was elated to see that my oxidation matched the genuine crowns colour ... believe me it took weeks to get the colour right on the case and CG...

Mods-Servicing: Ziggy

DW: Lello

OEM TI Crown: kruzer

Almost identical colour on the cg and case as on the OEM TI crown..(got lucky on my part)

dsc0001sf3.jpg

dsc0023xa5.jpg

Lellos DW... :wub:

dsc0022yl6.jpg

the IMO mystical anthricite dial

dsc0029gl1.jpg

this is a little over 1 second exposure !!! RG's lume.. "of course" :1a:

dsc0015qa0.jpg

At Home on my wrist... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dsc0017kn2.jpg

wristshots089ebel006uw7.jpg

the only thing left... since this is a sanwich crystal AR cannot be done .. but there is an option... ihope.. it will take a sacrifice from another rep.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :pray:

Good to hear your PAM089 is finally back, Lani. And it looks awesome!

Yesterday I succeeded in repairing the movement of mine, so guess what's on my wrist today? ;)

Did you put the standard 7750 Lello DW in it? The magnification looks so much bigger now..... Can't wait for my Lello DW to arrive.

WOW R.! It is awesome! Gourgeous! I would tell it's a gen!

About AR:

I was in belief that single-side (low temperature) AR coating can be performed on sandwich crystals, can't it?

I had two crystals with cyclops AR coated that way and all went good.

WOW R.! It is awesome! Gourgeous! I would tell it's a gen!

About AR:

I was in belief that single-side (low temperature) AR coating can be performed on sandwich crystals, can't it?

I had two crystals with cyclops AR coated that way and all went good.

Can you post some pics of your end results? I've been trying to find a solution to this as well...Thanks in advance!

Lani...AWESOME watch!

Can you post some pics of your end results? I've been trying to find a solution to this as well...Thanks in advance!

Currently, they are both disassembled from watches (argh, 90% of my PAMs are actually disassembled for projects :bangin: ).

Would pics of the crystals (+ cyclops) alone be ok?

First,... Thank you ALL for the kind words.. but the acolades must go to Ziggy... and if not for Lello's DW nothing would of happened.. and kruzer for the leg work last year securing all the OEM crowns at a really great buying price !!!

@ssurfer.. yes, M. please share with us who did the AR .... that would make this piece near perfect..

dluddy Posted Today, 04:16 AM

Looks great Lani. One of my favorites as well and mine is waiting to make the trip North for similar treatment.

Tell me, how did you perform the Oxidizing?

I believe it was last summer I posted a "how to" .. a little different from the other post on the oxiclean method... the pics lighten the colour a lot. it is actually darker in person.. that is why the genuine crown fits right in.. otherwise it would definately be two tone.. (no offense TT) :rolleyes:

you can do it without disassembling the watch or with just the case.. what I have found is that the purity of the TI varies from case to case.. and maker to maker.. my 036 came out very dark .. the genuine is very matte.. that is the "look" you are shooting for..

it would take a while for me to explain now.. would you like to get the oxidation done before you send it to Rob??

let me know DL

scoobs1971 Posted Yesterday, 08:40 PM

Did you put the standard 7750 Lello DW in it? The magnification looks so much bigger now..... Can't wait for my Lello DW to arrive

this is the 7750 DW @3 ... I have the 7750 DW @4 .. for the 196 Daylight ... but now the search for AR .. wonder if the crystal from the Submersible regatta would fit in here...???.. if so it is going to be cannabalized for the good of the whole.. :D

very nice example... what a beautiful unique watch

however, i was under the impression that ti crowns sourced by kruzer were meant for the handwind pams - did you make some adjustments to the stem or crown to fit your auto?

kruzer - if you have any more of these ti crowns, please let me know. i'm definitely down for one!

Edited by breukelen

I believe it was last summer I posted a "how to" .. a little different from the other post on the oxiclean method... the pics lighten the colour a lot. it is actually darker in person.. that is why the genuine crown fits right in.. otherwise it would definately be two tone.. (no offense TT) :rolleyes:

you can do it without disassembling the watch or with just the case.. what I have found is that the purity of the TI varies from case to case.. and maker to maker.. my 036 came out very dark .. the genuine is very matte.. that is the "look" you are shooting for..

it would take a while for me to explain now.. would you like to get the oxidation done before you send it to Rob??

let me know DL

Did it your way today and it came out well. Also did my 172 and 036....Interesting how they are all somewhat different in how they react to the oxidation. I used some Polywatch to remove the blueing since it is a mild abrasive. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the inspiration to finally do this ;)

@breukelen The Ti genuine crown will actually work with automatics.

Did it your way today and it came out well. Also did my 172 and 036....Interesting how they are all somewhat different in how they react to the oxidation. I used some Polywatch to remove the blueing since it is a mild abrasive. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the inspiration to finally do this ;)

@breukelen The Ti genuine crown will actually work with automatics.

DL

Great !! glad it worked for you .. if you really want to go matte.. don't take the case out of the solution just run cold water until all of the water is fresh .. re: you don't expose the TI to pure oxygen therefore less "blue" tint to take away.. and you don't take as much of the oxidation that's on the metal off...

and yes the properties of the TI are all different from case to case.. left in the solution overnight is the best I find...

the TI crown I used from kruzer's group buy is for an automatic model.. not a palp .... I only got the Auto ones from the 2 group buy's

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

question: does the date window on the dial have to be enlarged for the lello datewheel?

IMHO, dsn hands are too skinny, no better than these stock hands.

-bk

No.. the window remains the sme.. it's the cyclops that enlarges the font.. my fav numeral is the 8

don't know about the DSN hands .. I've been out of the loupe with his parts.. but I'll take a look now.. :D

Chieftang made the single AR on my crystals.

Single AR is not a stunner like double AR, but it is accurate to the gen and it also has a very pleasant side effect: it almost deletes any reflections from the date & cyclops, so making the date even more readable.

I had it on a crystal with a watchmen cyclops, and a second crystal with a chieftang cyclops (both non-AR coated cyclopses), and the improvement was absolutely noticeable.

Note also that Chief has a new batch of AR's cyclops in process.

I seem to remember I heard that Chief had to give up on getting these new cyclopses AR coated :(

Currently, they are both disassembled from watches (argh, 90% of my PAMs are actually disassembled for projects :bangin: ).

Would pics of the crystals (+ cyclops) alone be ok?

I'll wait for the assembled pieces...Will give me a better idea of what I can expect...Thanks in advance!

Note also that Chief has a new batch of AR's cyclops in process. I also have Chief's Single AR on my 188 and it is great.

I too have Chiefs single ar on my 188 and it's subtle but does a remarkable job at reflecting light. I knew something was up with the crystal when I received the watch but then the previous owner confirmed that indeed, it did have the single ar. I actually would prefer the single ar on my pam reps and hope that Chief gets another run going. He said there just wasn't enough interest...but perhaps there should be.