When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Aquatimer Slevin

Sprintz25

Looking at getting a new Slevin and just wondering why the Slevin costs so much more than the Costeau 06 and 07. At all the dealer sites i've looked at its almost $100 more. From all the reviews i've read they are all good watches but all variations have there own flaws. Anyone have any ideas?

Looking at getting a new Slevin and just wondering why the Slevin costs so much more than the Costeau 06 and 07. At all the dealer sites i've looked at its almost $100 more. From all the reviews i've read they are all good watches but all variations have there own flaws. Anyone have any ideas?

Where are you seeing a Cousteau for $100 less than a Slevin? There's a $40 difference on Trusty's site, for instance.

OK, to clarify further, Jay has the 06 Costeau for $275 whereas the Slevin is $360. Other dealers sell the 06 Costeau for more hence the difference is less. I should have been more specific.

Jay's Slevin with the rubber strap is $65 more than the Cousteau with the rubber strap. This is because his Slevin is regular priced, but his Cousteau is a fricking bargain. :)

Jay's Slevin with the rubber strap is $65 more than the Cousteau with the rubber strap. This is because his Slevin is regular priced, but his Cousteau is a fricking bargain. :)

Indeed...the Cousteau's are a great deal and considered "on sale" by the vendors for the most part likely because they have been out for over a year now. The Slevin was only recently introduced, and is getting top dollar pricing based on the demand of the item.

Supply and demand. The vendors try a price...if they get it...they keep it there.

Watch the new HBB all black. At $1000+ it's ferociously expensive. Wait a year, and I'm betting it will drop dramatically...if you can wait that long!

Another example...think of the first DVD players at $1600...and now $30 at Wal-Mart.