When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Do I Use To Lube The O-ring Inside The Bezel On Rolex?

purspeed

About the oring, what is that Oring's purpose?

....My guess would be to help keep the bezel fit snug around the case. No wobbles.

Also, should I polish the case where the bezel sits to allow smooth bezel movement or would this create a situation where the bezel wouldn't remain seated?

...All I did was to clean all areas thorougly. Mine was full of dirt probably from the factory. Polishing should not affect the smoothness of rotation as the metal bezel washer prongs handle those duties. I also did not apply grease as that would tend to attract dirt.

Added; Good idea to polish the bezel whille it's off. A dremel and some fine plolish ( I used Simichrome paste) made it look much better.

Glad I could be of help. :)

Cheers,

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

About the oring, what is that Oring's purpose?

Waterproofing. Like a washer in a tap. Metal to metal can have small gaps if the sides are not 100% flush, so you put a compressible rubber ring between them and you get watertight.

I cheaped/lazy'd out and used vaseline on the Oring. I did polish around the areas where the bezel meets the case. Removing the factory "crud" and polishing and a thorough cleaning has now made the bezel move smooth, yet tight.

Vaseline: if it's good enough for gays, it's good enough for my Oring. :)