When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Updated 202/A...

kye_lin

DSN Dial... modified and lumed filled...

Old rep case with rounded pre-V lugs.... blasted and PVDed....

What mods did you do to the DSN dial and have you any tips on the lume job? I'm asking because I have one of his 201A dials with The Zigmeister at the moment to get lumed and the intention is that I will drill out the case to accept the preV 2-screw setup with a Palp crown and gen G series CG.

Hi all..

Just to share some tips as some ppl have been asking me about it..

Flav over at Repgeek lume it for me.. with my specific instructions..... You have to ask him about the lume type and color mix.. that I am not sure...

Here goes..

I modified the 6 and 9 using a small circular file with a sharp tip.... slowly filing the edges of the indices to be more like the gen....NOT EASY.. I ruined 1 dial for practice... and it takes hours.. cannot rush it.. all you need is a slip of the file across the dial face and GAME OVER..... slight flaking of the dial at the edges of the indices is ok as Flav can touch it up.. but not any serious flaking....

I told Flav to lume only the walls and base of the indices... fill it with varnish over the lume... finally satin varnish over the whole dial.. THAT'S IT....

Have fun...

Kai

Hi all..

I modified the 6 and 9 using a small circular file with a sharp tip.... slowly filing the edges of the indices to be more like the gen....NOT EASY.. I ruined 1 dial for practice... and it takes hours.. cannot rush it.. all you need is a slip of the file across the dial face and GAME OVER..... slight flaking of the dial at the edges of the indices is ok as Flav can touch it up.. but not any serious flaking....

Kai

I bought 2 of the 201A dials with the intention of trying the exact same mod on one of them. This is where I would love to have a couple of hours in my dentists surgery - he's got all the correct gear for this sort of job.

I bought 2 of the 201A dials with the intention of trying the exact same mod on one of them. This is where I would love to have a couple of hours in my dentists surgery - he's got all the correct gear for this sort of job.

I tried using a small engraving bit with my Dremel..... cost me USD10 for the bit...... but impossible to use it on the dial... too powerful... cannot control it.... margin of error was too small... modifying it using the tip of a small circular file gives more control... although slow... good luck.... I am sure yours will turn out as good as mine.. if not better... you have more knowledge about the shapes of the numbers....

Kai-

Very nicely done. Then again, having seen some of your collection I would expect no less. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks Warren...

Your collection is so far the best I have seen around here... every piece is a gem...... you have a good eye for details....

Me.. I tend to overlook little things that I am not bothered about....

Kai