When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I know there's one somewhere - image of CD '07 lume

Tom

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have a '07 CD on it's way and want to send it to The Zigmeister to lume, however I don't actually know how much of the gen's dial is lumed - does the orange paint on the bezel glow?

I know that The Zigmeister did a lot of lume work on someones 06 CD and painted the whole bezel, but I don't know if it replicated the gen.

I have a feeling that there is not actually that much that lights up on the gen CD 07, so maybe it's not worth the money.

The glowing part of CD 2007 is the running second hand (orange lume) and the dots ...5...10...15 dial markers and hands. Even the chrono counter is not supposed to glow. Here is for your reference:

DSCN0087.jpg

Yupp was at ad for iwc saw the same thing..we disscous this in a other thread if don't remeber wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
My rep doesn't have the 5...10....15.. on the inner bezel lumed either - is that normal?

That is`nt lumed on the gen either. Just those numbers are white & reflecting the lume off the rest. Even the subdials underneath those hands show up pretty good. The rep has good lume and those numbers on mine do show the same, but of course not for long.

:p I think the gen does have lume on ...5...10...15 but not the rest of the numbers like on CD2006.

Yes, my rep comes with ...5...10...15 lumed. It's not a reflection but the lume is definitely much weaker on dial markers and hands. By the way, hands are C1 Tritec Superlume, dial and bezel have rep lume (which is to my opinion very good and can last pretty long).