When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How good is Omega speedmaster date?

Iztok

I've read the rolexman's review of his speedy date panda version and i just thougt looks good and want it :) But the problem is i also want Breitling chrono evolution (graphite), but how

post-2554-1211111694_thumb.jpg

post-2554-1211111706_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iztok

But i have question about the crystal. Is crystal on original speedy date like on regulas speedmaster pros? Doomed like that or is it flater? How is replica crystal compared to original? Should i worry about this?

What are the other flaws on omega?

The crystals of the Date en Pro are different. The Pro has a very noticeable domed plexiglass whereas the Date has slightly domed saphire crystal. The crystal on the rep is spot on. The only difference is the stronger one sided AR on the rep. Yes, the gen has less strong AR. Also the colour of the AR is different. The rep's AR is blue (which I like a lot) and the gen is more pink/plum and therefor hardly noticeable on the gen white Date.

PS: With your wrist size I would definitely go for the Date. You won't regret it!

Edited by Rolexman

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i went to the OMEGA AD. I wanted to have a look on Speedmaster date and 42.5mm Planet Ocean. So i walked in and over the counter was a real hottie :ltongue: She noticed my Seamaster and came to me. We walked to the Omega end and i saw the 42.5 mm Planet Ocean and Speedmaster Date (black version). So i told her that i am looking for Speedmaster Date, cause i have smaller wrists and maybe 42.5mm Planet Ocean. So i tried on the Speedmaster Date and it was a funny feeling it looked to small... Then she gave me the 42.5mm Planet ocean. It was better but i had strange feeling (it was on leather strap). It just didnt feel right. She complimented that it suits me and told me, that she has the big size PO on rubber in the back and she would like that i try it on and see how it fits me. So i said ok, bring it on, but it probably will look funny on me. But thing got even funnier... I can tell the moment i put the big size PO on surprisingly it did not looked big at all, it looked same as my SMP, but it was more comfortable. She smiled and said that it looks far better then 42.5mm and that i dont have so small wrist as i said. Then i noticed that they sell Breitlings, so i stepped (with PO on my wrist) and said, oh you have graphite Cronomat Evo. Moment later i had it on my wrist. It looked ok, just like SMP.

Well now comes the funniest part... I was in the store for about an hour. I tottaly forgot on time we were talking about watches and other things and at the end surprisingly i didnt came out with the new watch, but with the number of that girl :tu: And now the problem... Should i tell her on first date that my SMP pro is fake??? LOL :innocent:

Edited by Iztok

Yesterday i went to the OMEGA AD. I wanted to have a look on Speedmaster date and 42.5mm Planet Ocean. So i walked in and over the counter was a real hottie :ltongue: She noticed my Seamaster and came to me. We walked to the Omega end and i saw the 42.5 mm Planet Ocean and Speedmaster Date (black version). So i told her that i am looking for Speedmaster Date, cause i have smaller wrists and maybe 42.5mm Planet Ocean. So i tried on the Speedmaster Date and it was a funny feeling it looked to small... Then she gave me the 42.5mm Planet ocean. It was better but i had strange feeling (it was on leather strap). It just didnt feel right. She complimented that it suits me and told me, that she has the big size PO on rubber in the back and she would like that i try it on and see how it fits me. So i said ok, bring it on, but it probably will look funny on me. But thing got even funnier... I can tell the moment i put the big size PO on surprisingly it did not looked big at all, it looked same as my SMP, but it was more comfortable. She smiled and said that it looks far better then 42.5mm and that i dont have so small wrist as i said. Then i noticed that they sell Breitlings, so i stepped (with PO on my wrist) and said, oh you have graphite Cronomat Evo. Moment later i had it on my wrist. It looked ok, just like SMP.

Well now comes the funniest part... I was in the store for about an hour. I tottaly forgot on time we were talking about watches and other things and at the end surprisingly i didnt came out with the new watch, but with the number of that girl :tu: And now the problem... Should i tell her on first date that my SMP pro is fake??? LOL :innocent:

pics or lie :p

i didnt came out with the new watch, but with the number of that girl :tu: And now the problem... Should i tell her on first date that my SMP pro is fake??? LOL :innocent:

You jammy bastard! I agree with armin - that you'd better be posting some pics of you with that hottie..or even just of the hottie!