When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordering a 4th gen PO 42mm, asian vs "swiss"

radiohead101

Hey guys

Well, it seems that if you order an ETA movement you are likely to get an asian clone anyway. I am not very familiar with how Omega's movements run. Is there much difference between the ETA and asian movements? More importantly, the watch itself is the same, right, just the movement would be upgraded?

Thank you

RH

Get the Swiss. They are not the same case. crystal, dial, etc, and the swiss version is much better.

Depend with wich dealer you deal with. Andreww, I think, and you can correct me, but you do reference to the "lite" version, that cost ~$120USD with a Asian 21j mvt vs Swiss 2824 version, $278USD that some dealer offer, and YES the case/crystal are NOT the same in both. But PT, for exemple, offer the UPO (45mm) in two different configuration, the case&crystal are the same but you need to specify and choose between two mvt when you order; Asian clone 2824 or the Swiss 2824 with a drop down list box, and you need to choose between the bracelet or the rubber configuration with a drop down list box too. So you can go with a new Asian 2824 clone or with a Swiss one, but keep in mind that if ytou go with a ETA Swiss model, you will probably have a NOS swiss 2824 mvt (new old stock), and it can be rust, or it can have oil in escapment, etc. really, it's rolling the dice in rep world. You never know what you will get -_-

Good luck.