When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please please please, can somebody rep this?!

importr

I like this quote from the article:

"To understand better the high price of a RICHARD MILLE, you only have to compare it to that of a prestige sports car or other top of the range model. Every one of the elements that goes into it, is developed and perfected entirely by hand (often involving hundreds of hours of very meticulous work by true artists) to bring you an exemplary reliability in whatever conditions you care to put it through. Parts that do not survive the draconian controls at every stage of manufacture won

Dude, it that watch is ever repped, it would be one that you should care which movement is used... as the movement makes that watch.

Look through the hand cut date wheels... whadduyousee? if the rep movement doesn't look the part, it just ain't gonna work...

worse than an open heart hairspring trying to stand in for a tourbillon.

No, i dont expect miracles or a new movement - i would want the rep for the outward appearance of it - not so much for accurate representation of the movement. I know that repping has its limits! lol

Use a smoked plastic dial to obscure the asian movt, which would most

probably be the asian 7750 as used in the Blackbird/Bentley series.

If they managed to make the TAG Calibre 360 (with Miyota OS20) look vaguely like the gen from a distance; that would probably be enough for me to buy the RM005....!

I don't think that I'd try to kid anyone by saying it was real....I'd never spent 30000EUR on a watch!

I mean, to all the HBB rep wearers out there....do people believe that you can afford a $16000 watch?

I like the RM005's large rectangular case, dial and colours, and also the strap.

Having said that, the case looks quite difficult to form. Here's a gauntlet thrown to the rep makers!!

Edited by Importr

italian automobiles are notoriously unreliable... even the ridiculously expensive ones. First thing to go are the power windows... always

The low-end ones (Fiat, I'm looking at you...) and even Alfa Romeo has a notorious record (but if you are into cars, you MUST own at least one in your life :)) The real luxury ones are a completely different beast. But in all cases, they work well in Europe with the twisty roads. American cars just won't work here, they are awful at cornering as they are built for the wide open roads over there (thumbs up to the town planners though) with gentle sweeping curves in comparison.

After all the expensive "F1 style quality control" all the first buyers of the RM11 had to return them as the chrono didn't work properly. See puristspro. Mind you the first Ferrari 599's have all been catching fire so I guess thats about right for that kind of gear.

Having said that its absolutely top of my list for a replica. We already have the big date movement in the breitling bentley reps, just give us that with a decently made case. I can see any RM replica being a mod project to end them all.. PVD coating movement parts etc