When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 088, 089, 104, 229 Date Font Picture Request

red

I am on the brink of making my next DSN purchase. Can anyone share a good picture of the date font. I have seen a lot of gens and am concerned about the size, and the crispness of the dates. Thanks in advance. BTW I have done a search, and still need more.

I am on the brink of making my next DSN purchase. Can anyone share a good picture of the date font. I have seen a lot of gens and am concerned about the size, and the crispness of the dates. Thanks in advance. BTW I have done a search, and still need more.

I just recieved the 088 from him and compared it to a friends gen and its very good. The font on the date is the correct size but is al little dull compared to the gen, its not quite as bright. The mag is the correct size. The hands are still a little thin but not very noticable. Hope this helps, dont really know how to use the camera yet, wife needs to teach me, sorry.

I just recieved the 088 from him and compared it to a friends gen and its very good. The font on the date is the correct size but is al little dull compared to the gen, its not quite as bright. The mag is the correct size. The hands are still a little thin but not very noticable. Hope this helps, dont really know how to use the camera yet, wife needs to teach me, sorry.

This helps a lot.

Having same issues with my own camera if anyone knows how to fix the focus on my dropable underwater small thingymajig than I will happily take a font pic of my 229.

Will try to get something over the weekend.

Thanks for starting this thread as its something that I want to see about as well.

Mine is OK but nothing like that of a Rolex Sub, and that I think is the dilema, I'm not comparing apples with apples I actually feel that the hole Panerai cyclopes set up is doomed to fail regardless of date font. Isn't just the physics of light in the reverse fitted lens, always going to be fighting a loosing battle.

From a slanted angle my date font looks larger that if I look straight on.

Bring on the Pics

ST

Here you go

p5072156cy6.jpg

ST