When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM26, Destro PVD

kye_lin

So you PVD it Kai... good choice my friend. Looks AMAZING :)

I wanted to do it myself as well but sold it before getting into all that trouble ;)

Thanks to you my friend!.. Without you... this gem will not have been possible..... So when are the CGs ready?? soon I hope.... ;)

Awesome -- and along with that strap it's a killer combo!!! Unbelievable!

But -- the lever pin? :blink:

Hmmm, I've seen both now and am confused....Uncle Jay? :huh:

Nope.. don't be confused.. I double checked (because this was my watch and I was ready to PVD it) and all the photos of the 26 (more than 40) I have in my database have the pin PVD.

Ah, so someone here doubted about me -- and even about V?!? :nono:

Polished pin is correct to PAM 004 and 009, no further.

:D

We all moan about the inaccuracies of the 'out-of-the-box' Panerai reps but if they were all as accurate as, say the SFSO (which I'm wearing at the moment), then there would be very little fun or satisfaction in having a watch like this.

A cracking watch. Enjoy it.

Also on Pre-V 5218/202/3 or not ^_^

"Pre-V"? What's that?? :clown:

Ok, I'll refine my statement:

Polished pin is correct up to PAM 004 and 009, no further.

:lol:

"Pre-V"? What's that?? :clown:

Ok, I'll refine my statement:

Polished pin is correct up to PAM 004 and 009, no further.

:lol:

PVD is correct up to PAM004 009 and 026 and no further.

I don't want to join in a debate here but the 4 & 9 were PVD models for the preA, A & B series and the 026 for the A & B only. I have a fairly large collection of pics of genuine examples of all of these models, mostly the 004 & 009, and the majority of them, both 'T' & 'L' dials, including some preAs have PVD'd pins. However a sizable minority have polished SS pins but there is no clear distinction between each series or even a corelation between tritium / luminova dials and SS / PVD pins.

It's probably fair to say the the earlier watches of these PVD models had SS pins and the later PVD, but, typically for Panerai at that time, the closest thing to hand is what went into any particular watch. I certainly have plenty of shots of both A & B series 4 & 9 with both variations so there is little reason to assume that the 26 which was being assembled alonside would be different.

I know that the service centres have new crownguards in stock but these are not complete. They comprise of 2 separate components, the bridge and the lever c/w pin, and are priced and invoiced as separate items. These are replaced as needed and only assembled into a single unit if both are required as a service item. I seriously doubt that production of the later PVD watches would have been delayed because only SS pins were in the parts bin that week and I'm sure that this explains the variation. Don't forget tritium dials were used up in B series watches, and not only at the beginning of the run in the low numbers of the series. Also preA dials appeared in some B series but none are on record for the A series so an SS pin here in an 'L' dial 026 is certainly not that odd.

Edited by PAMman

Once again... thank you all for the comments...

As for the pin... I can always get it PVDed.... but.... I quite like it polished..... makes it a bit unique..... well.. it is a rep/hommage/fraken anyway..... part of the fun.... as PAMman has echoed my sentiments perfectly.......... you guys take care...

Kai