When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two Montblanc Star Chrono GMT 1906's - Grey Dial and Silver Dial

subzero1

Edit - updated with pics of the Grey/slate/black dial version of this watch. The dial on this is VERY nice, best printing and finish of any rep I've ever had. Hands are very nicely blue'd as well, no discoloration or scratches or rough edges anywhere.

First off I have to say thank you to PIX for his shots of the Montblanc Sport Chrono, which got me interested in this line in the first place. After purchasing several watches on rubber straps, I wanted to get something with a steel bracelet. The caveats were that it could not be too flashy (like my Breitling Two Tone Evo's or my Navitimers), and it shouldn't be too plain (like my Omega UPO's). so a non-bling, but still interesting SS based watch w/steel bracelet was what I wanted. Lucky for me the Montblanc Star Chrono GMT 1906 Anniversary edition had just been repped using a gen watch.

If you look for this watch on the Montblanc website it's actually pretty hard to find, it's not listed in the regular catalog. The direct link to it is here:

http://www.montblanc.com/special_100years....l=starwatch1906

Place my order with Josh, had the watch in my hand one week later. In person it is far, far better looking than any of the dealer pics. Josh makes the watch look like a white dial in his pics, but the reality is that it's a very nice silver starburst dial, with a lot of depth and interesting things happening. I've tried to capture the beauty of the watch in my pics, but alas I can only get close, but not quite get the full awesomeness it has in person.

I know there's been a general complaint around here that rep prices are going up, but I gotta say that every single one of my last few purchases has put a stunning watch in my hands. This watch, the Chopard MM XXL Chrono grey dial, the Baume & Mercier Riveria Magnum, the Graham Chronofighter, the HBB's, the Porsche Flat 6, all of them have simply outclassed the best reps I'd previously owned, such as the Omega UPO, Breitling Navi's, a whole slew of Panerai's, Omega SMP and SMP Chrono, IWC 3717, etc... Honestly, for this level of quality I don't mind paying more, they look stunning and really cannot be distinguished from the gen when doing a 'look and feel' type of comparison.

Anyway, enough talk, on to the pics, hope you like them. Grey/Slate/Black dial:

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

White/Silver Dial:

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. Glad it's such a good rep. Going out on a limb scares the bejesus out of me but congrats on such a great find. Great looking watch, too, first i've seen of it. I'd say it was a pretty good call clearing out your HBB and IWC's etc for ones like this. Congrats

• Like 1

Thanks all. The caseback is numbered as 0023/1906, so it's correct. AR is quite good, on par with the AR that comes with the new Chopard MM XXL Chrono grey dial, almost as good as the HBB.

I'm just glad they are putting this level of effort into non-mainstream reps. I mean, how many Omegas, Panerai's, Breitlings, etc, can you own? Variety is the key for me, and having great reps of Chopard, Dewitt, Montblanc, Porsche Designs, Baume & Mercier, that really gives me some variety and spice, and I'm much more satisfied with my collection.

Don't get me wrong, I still have 2 HBB's, 2 UPO's, a SMP, 3 Breitling Evo's, 2 Breitling Navi's, 6 PAM's, and 4 IWC's, but with the new additions it's just so much more fun to open my watchbox every morning and pick something out :D

I also just bought my first ever rolex rep (the new GMT II Ceramic), and I've got $$ set aside for the new Concord, AP ROO w/Seconds @ 12, and Graham Swordfish, when/if they all ever come out. It's a great time to be a rep collector!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Someone please lead me to where I can actually find this in stock ASAP after Andrew did not get it for me I have to find the white/ silver face somewhere , I have wanted this watch for so long someone please email me at.   rocky4691@yahoo.com with  TD that I can finally buy it.

• 2 years later...

I am truly glad that some of you finaly went ahead and bought one. I had wanted the white dial for quite some time but most places are charging $360m to almost $900.for this same watch but wheh I saw Tony had the grey only for a little over $200 I bought mine as soon as I could get the payment to him. I'm old and disabled and don't see as well as I used to but this grey face model is stunning. I have an electric watch box that I use to keep 8 watches ready at any time ( my favorites ) and this is one of them.If you ever even thought about getting one please don't wait any longer. this is one of the most well made high quality watches I have seen that hasn't been to the garage for a major tune up. but if I do find the white face for a price like Tony had for this one even being on a fixed income now I will do everything in my power to buy it too. I hope that I have helped some of you to make the decision to get this watch  ,wheather white or grey you won't be sorry

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2008 at 5:21 PM, subzero1 said:

Edit - updated with pics of the Grey/slate/black dial version of this watch. The dial on this is VERY nice, best printing and finish of any rep I've ever had. Hands are very nicely blue'd as well, no discoloration or scratches or rough edges anywhere.

First off I have to say thank you to PIX for his shots of the Montblanc Sport Chrono, which got me interested in this line in the first place. After purchasing several watches on rubber straps, I wanted to get something with a steel bracelet. The caveats were that it could not be too flashy (like my Breitling Two Tone Evo's or my Navitimers), and it shouldn't be too plain (like my Omega UPO's). so a non-bling, but still interesting SS based watch w/steel bracelet was what I wanted. Lucky for me the Montblanc Star Chrono GMT 1906 Anniversary edition had just been repped using a gen watch.

If you look for this watch on the Montblanc website it's actually pretty hard to find, it's not listed in the regular catalog. The direct link to it is here:

http://www.montblanc.com/special_100years....l=starwatch1906

Place my order with Josh, had the watch in my hand one week later. In person it is far, far better looking than any of the dealer pics. Josh makes the watch look like a white dial in his pics, but the reality is that it's a very nice silver starburst dial, with a lot of depth and interesting things happening. I've tried to capture the beauty of the watch in my pics, but alas I can only get close, but not quite get the full awesomeness it has in person.

I know there's been a general complaint around here that rep prices are going up, but I gotta say that every single one of my last few purchases has put a stunning watch in my hands. This watch, the Chopard MM XXL Chrono grey dial, the Baume & Mercier Riveria Magnum, the Graham Chronofighter, the HBB's, the Porsche Flat 6, all of them have simply outclassed the best reps I'd previously owned, such as the Omega UPO, Breitling Navi's, a whole slew of Panerai's, Omega SMP and SMP Chrono, IWC 3717, etc... Honestly, for this level of quality I don't mind paying more, they look stunning and really cannot be distinguished from the gen when doing a 'look and feel' type of comparison.

Anyway, enough talk, on to the pics, hope you like them. Grey/Slate/Black dial:

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

White/Silver Dial:

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

I love this white face  MB, I bought the grey face model a couple from crazy Tone for next to nothing but I still want this white face version so I hope someone will direct me to the best deal ( price ) on this white face watch to add to my collection. please contac  me at rocky4692@yohoo.com . Thank you . on this web site a few years crazy Tone sales were constant and his prices were lower that anywhere else.