When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New SMP

ANTIKIA

Paid for this on a Sat or Sun from WBK, and had in on my wrist on Wednesday. Incredibly fast shipping and great customer service. No worries, and a great experience for buying my first rep.

Love the watch overall, easy band to resize with pins and overall nice quality. Few little flaws, misaligned datewheel, and insert (which was fixed in a few minutes with a blow dryer). Fantastic wave pattern on the dial though, and lume is quite acceptable for a rep. 21J is keeping good time so far. Probably a ~24-36 hour power reserve I'd say.

FWIW it passed the gen owners test, though they weren't enthusiasts by any means. "wow, that looks almost as good as your rolex" said the wife of a GMT II owner--- she'd never admit anyways that it looks just as good :)

Anyways, on to my sorry first attempts for pics

P5220045%20(Small).JPG

P5220046%20(Small).JPG

P5150007%20(Small).JPG

P5150008%20(Small).JPG

P5150018%20(Small).JPG

P5150023%20(Small).JPG

P5220029%20(Small).JPG

P5220033%20(Small).JPG

WBK gets these Asian versions of SMP... very nice reps for the money. I owned a black GMT from him... the review is in my section, check it out.

Enjoy! :)

WBK gets these Asian versions of SMP... very nice reps for the money. I owned a black GMT from him... the review is in my section, check it out.

I have the same one from WBK also and its my favorite Omega watch. It is the watch I wear when I go on a trip - somehow fits.

I only wish someone would make a better bracelet for them. I used to own the gen and the bracelet has many more parts and feels much sleeker on your skin.

It is also the biggest giveaway that it is a rep..

Wear it well :D

exactly, for <$100 I couldn't ask for more, the overall watch has met and exceeded my expectations. Certainly a nice way to enter the rep game

I have the same one from WBK also and its my favorite Omega watch. It is the watch I wear when I go on a trip - somehow fits.

I only wish someone would make a better bracelet for them. I used to own the gen and the bracelet has many more parts and feels much sleeker on your skin.

It is also the biggest giveaway that it is a rep..

Wear it well :D

I haven't seen/worn a gen bracelet so I don't have anything to compare my rep too, but I haven't really had a complaint with the look/feel of it. I thought I might try the garage door lube mod to see if that would work out the few squeaks it has however and give it a silkier feel.

It is definitely a good watch for the money. You can definitely improve the feeling of the bracelet by oiling, waxing etc. The gen bracelet is nicely rounded and curved, whereas this one is too 'square'.

I still find it amazing that even a 'budget' rep like this fools many. It just goes to show that many of us unnecessarily obsess and fuss over small details that 99.9% of people wouldn't know about and therefore wouldn't be able to call you out. Its also been pointed out that even many gen owners don't know much at all about the watch they have on their wrist. It's only the hardcore watch enthusiasts.. such as ourselves (well not me :p) who can pick out these flaws.

Before turning the crown clockwise, turn it towards you (anti clock-wise) until you hear a click, this means the threads have aligned, and then proceed to screw in. This will definitely help with the longevity of the threads and help prevent thread splitting.