When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new GMT ceramic USD 335 !

budfox

CHS version already sold out at Puretime !!

I don't think he ever had stock of the CHS ones to begin with. I emailed him within minutes of them being listed.

Wish I had some idea of who might have what and when and who is going to have a CHS again. I'd buy one if somebody had stock. Seeing all these pics has me wanting a GMT-IIC now. Might have to settle for a gen of this one. Just so happens that tomorrow I'll be going right by one of the Rollie AD's in my area. Might have to stop in.

Not to derail too much but, Dadog - which dealer is selling cheap version for $90? Does it have the ceramic bezel?

I looked on other forums and couldn't find anything except Narikaa's which does not have the ceramic bezel.

Is there any difference in therm of reliability between correct and incorrect handstack swiss ETA ?

What is the expert's opinion about this ?

Xel

I remember a famous review from The Zigmeister in which there was a deep insight in the 2836-2 Swiss ETA modified for correct hand stack (previous version GMT II), in which the reliability of such a modified movement was hardly questioned. Many members choose the incorrect hand stack for this reason (including By-Tor, which is the absolute expert of this watch IMO). I can tell you my experience: I own a correct hand stack GMT II previous version, which never had problems, run smoothly and changed date correctly at 12:00 PM. I heard of other members having had problems with the same watch.

One more thing:

don't you think the Anniversary is a little too ... "flashy"? I sincerely prefer the previous version of this watch.

I remember a famous review from The Zigmeister in which there was a deep insight in the 2836-2 Swiss ETA modified for correct hand stack (previous version GMT II), in which the reliability of such a modified movement was hardly questioned. Many members choose the incorrect hand stack for this reason (including By-Tor, which is the absolute expert of this watch IMO). I can tell you my experience: I own a correct hand stack GMT II previous version, which never had problems, run smoothly and changed date correctly at 12:00 PM. I heard of other members having had problems with the same watch.

One more thing:

don't you think the Anniversary is a little too ... "flashy"? I sincerely prefer the previous version of this watch.

I do think that the watch is flashy. For me, it has to do with the band. The polished area is so noticeable, as opposed to the polished area on a Seamaster bracelet for instance. Perhaps if it has a more toned down bracelet, it would not be as flashy. That said, they really can't change the design of the Oyster bracelet can they. So it guess it is either polished mid-link or all brushed.

I wonder what this would look like with an all brushed bracelet. Hmmm.........

I remember a famous review from Ziggy in which there was a deep insight in the 2836-2 Swiss ETA modified for correct hand stack (previous version GMT II), in which the reliability of such a modified movement was hardly questioned. Many members choose the incorrect hand stack for this reason (including By-Tor, which is the absolute expert of this watch IMO). I can tell you my experience: I own a correct hand stack GMT II previous version, which never had problems, run smoothly and changed date correctly at 12:00 PM. I heard of other members having had problems with the same watch.

One more thing:

Here is Ziggy's review of this movement.

I've owned 4 correct hand stacks, and one is a bit wobbly. Nothing serious though. Just don't use the independently adjustable hour hand too much (and wear out the transfer gear) and it'll be ok.