When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

funny/sad story on 'risti

dadog13

Chinawhites :rolleyes:

No sympathy whatsoever. Not as if he was robbed cold. Didn't his parents teach him to look after things?

If he got so [censored] that he forgot to put his 111 back on his wrist after the obligatory 'table shot', then more fool him. If he then got even more [censored] that the next morning he couldn't remember what he'd done with it, then that's not the only thing he should be checking. Wallet and a trip to the doctor's may be in order :D

It's not the first time. I recall that, a few months ago, someone lost their Fiddy at a GTG (in USA I think). As far as I can remember it was included in a table shot then wasn't seen again. That guy posted a request that if someone gathered it up by mistake to get in touch with him. If I had a $20,000 watch on the table I think that it would have my undivided attention.

Isn't it always just wonderful when a rich person gets a taste of his or her own stupidity?

Like the Porsche driver pulled over for speeding... no greater sight on the side of a highway than that!

That's a bit harsh, Corgi. I've got 2 gen PAMs, and I assure you, I am FAR from rich.

I agree, that it's tough to feel sorry for someone who got that drunk and brought this situation on themselves, but I don't take any pleasure in hearing that story, either.

:huh:

These kind of stories make me sad. Sad that the sufferers are so apathetic about their loss and oblivious to their stupidity.

Has it not occurred to him that amongst this fellow bunch of 'Risti, the guys he had drinks with, there's one opportunistic thieving piece of scum? Maybe next time there's a GTG planned, he should think twice about attending.

Only consolation is he has posted the serial no. if someone is stupid enough to post it for sale. If that were me, I'd be reporting it to the police and Panerai UK, as well as paying a visit to the preowned dealers in Hatton Court, putting the word out on 111H/1643.

Well no attendee of the brussels GTG could say that were were not absolutly sihtfaced by the end of the night and the only thing i lost was a cufflink (but i gained Sooooooooooo much more, freinds!) i belive the only people that went home with more than they came with won them in the raffle!

It just goes to show what nice people the attendees were!