When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I would like a second opinion on this genuine PAM 114 ..

wheaton26

hello, i've come across a low priced pam 114 and would like a second opinion before i take the plunge. i am in the process of getting references and doing a background check but i would like the panerai experts here to weigh in now. the watch looks good to me but what's throwing me off is that he has no box or papers, the solid caseback and the watch is a "c" series. i thought 114's were first produced in the "e" series? he has stated that the bracelet is an aftermarket bracelet which is also weird. anyway, let me know how you feel about these pictures. at this time i am not giving out details on the price, seller, etc. thanks in advance for your time and i look forward to hearing back from some of you soon!

DSCF0415.jpg

DSCF0414.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

DSCF0418.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

DSCF0417.jpg

Well, Pre-A through D series would be a 010, not a 114, but it's the same white base dial and polished SS case. I'm 100% certain that dial is gen and OP6520 is what a 010 should be. I think this is just a case of the guy not wanting to drop $1K+ on an OEM bracelet.

Well, Pre-A through D series would be a 010, not a 114, but it's the same white base dial and polished SS case. I'm 100% certain that dial is gen and OP6520 is what a 010 should be. I think this is just a case of the guy not wanting to drop $1K+ on an OEM bracelet.

you're right ... it seems to be a pam 010. now after some further research, the 010's seem to be available with both a "t" dial and an "l" dial but i couldn't find any other pictures of a "c" series to confirm this one. this is tough.

Have him take off the case back.

that would solve the problem but lets face it, who can remove a panerai caseback besides us?

Looks good to me, but without box and papers its true value is well below a 'complete pacakge'. It may look like a bargain but your resale value will be similarly reduced, unless you pick up a geuine box, straps, screwdriver, warranty card, warranty booklet & Storci - the base models shouldn't have a COSC and blank warranty cards are commonplace. Even when you get it all together the white dial models are worth less than the equivalent black version so unless it's really cheap you should do your sums very carefully indeed. You are effectively buying a C10 head only with no provinence - it's optimum value is probably the sum of its parts (gen case + gen crown + gen crystal + gen CG + gen caseback + gen movement + gen dial + gen hands etc).

M is right that you should get a big discount without box and papers. When I put on my paranoid hat I would say the following. I am always concerned when your watch has a serial number divisible by 10 or a 100. The bracelet is an odd touch as it is not that well known an option. Anyone who went to this amount of trouble should have an idea what model this is. You may be getting the "selling it for a friend story" though. And when you hear that be afraid. I call that plausible deniability. :lol: Couple that with the fact that Vanni was off-loading 010 dials and handsets recently and I would want to be sure there is not an Asian movement lurking under the hood. I buy watches under these conditions regularly to save significant money but the hoops you have to jump through can be ridiculous. Out of 5 PAM's I have pursued in the last year or so I ended up buying only two. In one situation the seller claimed he had a local jeweler inspect it. So I called the local jeweler and the only PAM he had inspected in the last year was a fake. ;)

Same opinion here.. Looks genuine but.. there are all the parts out there now to make a 1:1 010 franken without noticing. Especially with the amount of white dials that were sold lately.

I would say be very cautious.

• 9 months later...

ok. after ruling this one out last year, i have come across this watch for sale again. it is the same watch and the seller has now posted pictures of the movement (see below). i would appreciate if the experts would weigh in on this one and confirm that the movement is in fact genuine. thanks and i look forward to hearing back from some of you soon! all the best.

DSCF04251.jpg

DSCF04261.jpg