When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DJ TT bicolor dial, good or scam ?

triosLescano

I made a search to find a datejst / daydate really beautiful.

I compared this datejust from WM9 with the same buyed from Trusty, and the watch from WM9 is really different in many small details and more detailed, (in photo ) The price is hig. But if the rep is good, I pay and I am happy

But I read that some people say <<WM9 is not good site>>

I ask for this reason an aid to the friends of RWG . Please have any of you already acquired a rep from WM9? Are you satisfied to the watch ?

LINKS

DJ WM9

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/products/rolex_d..._116233PWGI.htm

DJ TRUSTY

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...a668480d9757484

WM9's have faults just like any other rep, and have been discussed here and on other forums many times. Most members have opted for the modern sub, which takes gen parts. However, movement depth dimension has effect on rehaut and other aspects.

The only "exclusive" watch that WM9 has is the 16610 and 16613 "1:1" Submariners. All others are just the same standard reps that our dealers can get, for fraction of the price.

It remains a mystery why the WM9 16610 can't be sourced elsewhere, but that's how it is. Unfortunately.

The only "exclusive" watch that WM9 has is the 16610 and 16613 "1:1" Submariners. All others are just the same standard reps that our dealers can get, for fraction of the price.

It remains a mystery why the WM9 16610 can't be sourced elsewhere, but that's how it is. Unfortunately.

still the question, why only WM9 can get his hands on the 16610 and 16613...?

E.

But in the photo this datejust has some differences to the similar that our dealer. It is not identical. Is it possible that the photo of WM9 is a photo of a gen ?

If the photo WM9 is really the photo of the rep, for example, the crown in the dial, and the position of the crown is correct in WM and incorrect in Trusty

(See the position of crown respect to the grey part, )

I wouldn't put it past WM9 to use pics of the gen. A few years ago he used to sell an ETA noob sub for around $500 when the other dealers here were selling it for $200-250- I actually bought Paul's ETa noob for $159- but that was 1-1/2 to 2 years ago before the dollar went to hell.

Or he could use the 2824-2 movt. and get better crown position. We've seen how the 2824-2 will fit in the 16200 series of Datejust cases when you're building a franken.

Personally, I'd buy Trusty's DJ and put the extra money in my pocket. I just don't trust WM9 that much and a DJ rep is going to fool 99.9% of the people anyway. I did notice that Trusty's has the Roman numeral VIII under the eight o'clock marker so at least that fault has been corrected on this dial.