When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need serious advice please about Angus

rene100

Dear members,

I'm a member for several years, most of the time a reader so I'm a little bit rusty. ;)

Now i want to order The Ulitimate 217 from Angus but i need truthful information about his goods and services, such as.

A. Will he deliver always no matter what happen?

What will Angus do when the watch is confisquated by customs, what's yr experiences?

B. How is the quality?

I need serious info not the same stories as, he is the best etc.

That's something what i've heard a lot about several old dealers but the truth was they were getting sloppy but but thankfully they dissapired.

Dear members,

I'm a member for several years, most of the time a reader so I'm a little bit rusty. ;)

Now i want to order The Ulitimate 217 from Angus but i need truthful information about his goods and services, such as.

A. Will he deliver always no matter what happen?

What will Angus do when the watch is confisquated by customs, what's yr experiences?

B. How is the quality?

That's something what i've heard a lot about several old dealers but the truth was they were getting sloppy but but thankfully they dissapired.

Angus stands behind everything he sells. He is the BEST in this regard. You have a problem...he will fix it. If the watch is lost or confiscated he will send you another. I bought my SSD from him.....the bands all sucks with these watches initially. I complained and a new one was in the mail immediatly. Recently I bough a DeWitt from him and there was a minor QC issue that he told me was just the way the watch was (right side dial did not 100% center back to 12 oclock position....a quarter a mm off)......so he offered me a nice discount on my next watch. Cant do better than Angus except for possibly BK who does the mods and QC and stands 100% behind all his work so there is never an unsolvable issue.

I've gotten three watches from him, all came quickly and were the correct watch, my only complaint is the Bvlgari came with the logo shiny instead of flat gray as it shows on his website but I decided it didn't bother me all that much and I never complained.

The other two, a Cartier and a Patek, were exactly as shown on the website and have worked perfectly. The Nautilus is my favorite watch.

All in all, he is the best I've worked with. I'd recommend him.

PS - my last watch arrived a week ago, so this is not tales of the long gone past.

Edited by RLudlowe

I've ordered at least four watches from him (I forget...maybe five)...

One got stolen in transit to me. The envelope arrived torn open with the contents removed. Angus promptly shipped me another watch without complaint.

One watch arrived with a defective crown guard (PAM 111E) and he shipped me another guard immediately.

All of the other watches arrived as advertised.

I would recommend him and will use him again in the future.

Hope that helps.

-- M

I am a long-time customer from Angus, I know him for nearly 4 years now...with all ups and downs.

To sum it up...he allways makes things happen, he fixes all problems that might occure, his watches are top-quality and he has got good prices. He is allways working on the developement of service he can offer.

I am satisfied with my #1 dealer and will stick to him......

....if only communication will improve as well :(

I agree, Angus is awesome...My favorite and best dealer of all time was the legendary Eddie Lee, but when Eddie "retired", Angus became my go to guy and he has never let me down. He has always delivered the goods and resolved any issues. I've heard from others that he's been difficult to reach lately, but I haven't ordered a new watch in the last 3-4 months mainly because...nothing new has caught my fancy. :victory:

I bought a UPO chrono from him with a very wonky crown that won't screw down into the case consistantly. I emailed him and contacted him via his website with no reply...I want to buy a 3717 and a chopard MM XL from him and he answered my questions on those very quickly whilst ignoring my earlier questions re the crown, so I have little confidence that should anything go wrong with any future purchases i will get any kind of resolution <_<

I bought a UPO chrono from him with a very wonky crown that won't screw down into the case consistantly. I emailed him and contacted him via his website with no reply...I want to buy a 3717 and a chopard MM XL from him and he answered my questions on those very quickly whilst ignoring my earlier questions re the crown, so I have little confidence that should anything go wrong with any future purchases i will get any kind of resolution <_<

I've red the negative comments that's the reason why i'm asking.

I'm still not convinced, in the past i;ve lost a lot of money with reps.

I thought the prices were increased also the dealers learned their lessons, it seems to be not.

I've contacted Angus but no respond, it's sad to see how the dealers are getting sloppy.

We've created them, we were afraid to post negative comments. The result of this a lot of people lost their money or their complaints were ignored..So no more reps for me.

It's not only the money, for me this means scam, sorry i can't find antoher decent word.

Thanks for the updates appreciated.

Edited by rene100