When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Mid-size for a lady?

tamo245

First I should start off by saying that I have purchased 2 watches (as gifts) in the last few weeks from Andrew and been very pleased with the communication and quick delivery. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now I would like to purchase myself a mid-size rolex but looking for one that is somewhat close to a Gen. The mid-size's on the Trusty site seem to be mostly fantasy watches, am I correct?

This line of mid-size Datejusts appears to be new- it says some of the product was added in June. Unlike older mid-size DJ's which were geared for young men and boys, this group appears to be geared to women. The bracelet is more feminine- not the old style oyster or jubilee. 33mm is one mm smaller than the Date model (34mm), but larger than the standard ladies DJ (around 26mm). The trend is toward larger watches and I would figure this is Rolex's answer for the women.

A trip to an AD might be in order, or maybe you could find something online about it. The gold plated models look nice, but the stainless ones will hold up better, like this one:

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...a3249be70aa27e3

The 2671 is a good movement, and I don't think you can go wrong with the price, if you're looking for something larger than the older ladies DJ's.

I am in the beginning stages of putting together a Franken-mid with a genuine case and powered by the ETA 2000. The movement is very close in diameter to the Rolex 2135. 19.4mm vs 19.8mm or something like that. date progression is the same, so I should be able to use a gen disc as an overlay.

The gen case is 30mm without the crown.