When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why am I now getting declaration of my edited posts?

A question for the Admins & Mods, s'il vous plais.

It's a few days that, anytime I edit a post of mine, a "This post has been edited by sssurfer:..." line appears at the bottom of the post.

This was not happening before and I loved it, as I am no native English/American speaker so I often have to edit and re-edit my posts countless times. I believed this was due to my Supporter status and it was a benefit of that status.

Was I wrong?

Would you re-establish that former behavior?

Thanks,

sss

It's a few days that, anytime I edit a post of mine, a "This post has been edited by sssurfer:..." line appears at the bottom of the post.

This was not happening before and I loved it, as I am no native English/American speaker so I often have to edit and re-edit my posts countless times. I believed this was due to my Supporter status and it was a benefit of that status.

Was I wrong?

Thanks,

sss

That is an option that can be changed. I'll run it by ADMIN to see if we want to cut that option off.

I think this option is better turned on and I will explain why.

Let's say that I put up a sale ad for a chronograph and said that it had a Swiss 7750 in it and sold it for a high price. Then once payment clears I sent out a watch with an A7750 instead of the swiss and changed the post. When the person who I cheated was to receive the watch they could check the post and it would appear that I was an honest seller rather than show proof that the post was edited. Just my two cents, but I like it on.

Really thanks, T. and jraines!

And all who chimed in.

@Fidestro: you are right, the scenario you figured is even what happened on me as the buyer on one occasion.

But knowing that a post was edited is of no help here: there's no track of the pre-edited post, and knowledge that a post was edited is no evidence of its former contents, or poster's mala fide.

So I thank the mods for restoring the former behavior.

Really thanks, T. and jraines!

And all who chimed in.

@Fidestro: you are right, the scenario you figured is even what happened on me as the buyer on one occasion.

But knowing that a post was edited is of no help here: there's no track of the pre-edited post, and knowledge that a post was edited is no evidence of its former contents, or poster's mala fide.

So I thank the mods for restoring the former behavior.

Also, if you're participating in a thread where you may buy a watch, you can quote the selle's post (as I have done with sssurfer's above) and the original seller can not change it.

Was I wrong?

Thanks,

sss

I liked this option for the reason stated by fidestro.

@sssurfer - i think your english is better than mine and i am in the US

Also, if you're participating in a thread where you may buy a watch, you can quote the selle's post (as I have done with sssurfer's above) and the original seller can not change it.

Excellent suggestion, jr! Thanks!

No doubt I will use it if I ever happen to engage myself again in a member-to-member deal.

@sssurfer - i think your english is better than mine and i am in the US

Oh my! Wow, thanks, I am flattered! :blush:

But please forgive me if I just can't believe it. Most likely you did not chek all my (3000+) posts. :lol:

Actually, all my English comes:

- 30% from my old school bench;

- 30% from playing MtG online many years ago;

- 10% from listening English/American music;

- and 30% right from here.

So I have to just thank you all for giving me a chance to improve my poor English here day after day, and baring with me at the same time... :wub: