When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

L Swiss Made L position on gen 112

scoobs1971

Took this shot of a gen 112.

Looks like sometimes we really get too anal on our reps, while there a lots of differences in gens as well................

Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to take a comparison pic with another 112 sitting next to it, which had the L Swiss L lower - just the way we like it.

post-4081-1213556659_thumb.jpg

Looks like sometimes we really get too anal on our reps...

Are you talking to me???

No kidding, but it was really good to finally see several gen Panerai to have some comparisson. The thing that i really niticed was that gen cases don't have any sharp edges, while the reps all do...

I am not a big fan of sandwich dials in the 44mm historic range simply because I prefer the 'painted' dials. I certainly wouldn't consider a rep sandwich dial because of the levels of inaccuracy. Additionally they all have display backs to show off inaccurate and crudely finished movements that are either Asian copies or Asian modified 6497 movements. The only sandwich dial that I have ever owned is a first generation rep 127 from River, with the best case, sapphire dial and the best rep dial that I've ever seen. It has an unmodified Swiss 6497. I have considered buying a gen E or F series 111 and swapping the movements and then fitting the 111 with a rep B series caseback. Then I would have 2 very accurate frankens - a 001B and a 127, and the whole thing would be 100% reversible again.