When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hamilton: do fakes exist?

tag

I'm not an expert on hamiltons but the rotor looks different from the ones I've seen.

The caseback looks too round and the rotor looks like it has the wrong font.

Hamiltons largely have undecorated rotors/movements and watches that do have a crystal display back usually leave ALOT to be desired...

Take it from me, I own two gen Hamiltons. Though both are well worth the money, if you're going to leave me an ugly looking movement, might as well keep the case covered.

Why would anyone replicate a cheap watch like Hamilton? Especially with A7750?

Even some TAGs are borderline cases, but Hamilton... please!

They're nice watches for the money though... but other than $35 quartz reps, it doesn't make any sense to me.

They're nice watches for the money though... but other than $35 quartz reps, it doesn't make any sense to me.

You are assuming that rep makers use any logic in what they choose to produce. We still can't get a 1:1 Submariner, but I have seen reps of low end Seiko and Citizen watches.

You are assuming that rep makers use any logic in what they choose to produce. We still can't get a 1:1 Submariner, but I have seen reps of low end Seiko and Citizen watches.

A7750 is still the most expensive movement for them to produce.

There are $20-$35 cheap "street junk" reps of almost all brands, but none of the cheap reps have the A7750 inside. They might not have much logic in their releases, but they're not completely braindead. Who would buy a 7750-powered Hamilton rep for $300 - $350?

That's what I thought but... is there any logic !!! Look at that:

http://www.watchesprice.net/Replica-Hamilton-8960.html

That's the oldest trick in the book: Take a genuine picture of a watch, steal people's money... and don't ship anything. All pictures on that site are of genuines.

I seriously doubt there's an actual replica of that watch available. I doubt that site even sells watches... it looks like 100% scam/phishing site to me.