When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel BTR... which one, black or white?

By-Tor

Ebel BTR... which one, black or white?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. I can't decide, which one you would you choose?

• Black
    • White

I can't decide... I just have to get one of these. But I'm more and more thinking about getting the white dial. But I really like the black too.

The poll probably won't affect my decision... but I'm still curious. Which one you prefer, and why?

White

Very classy, with blue "icy cool" hands. Dunno how the double-AR would look with the white dial.

2.jpg

4.jpg

or

Black

These pics don't make it justice. But you've all seen Lani's and Takashi's pics... very nice.

2.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks Taka.

On the SFSO the AR isn't as apparent on the white. At least that's what people are saying. I'd love to see some actual pictures of this white BTR before my decision. Anyone purchased the white one here?

PS: I agree generally about white dial readability... especially when the markers and hands are silver. But when the hands and markers are dark (dark blue in this case), the contrast is strong and nice (see white Explorer II). Black is always the safe choice, but for some reason the white dials have been "speaking" to me lately. Maybe I've owned too many black/blue dial watches.

The gen hour markers and hands seem to be all silver. Except for the stopwatch hand, and 2 small subdial hands. Hmm... that seems to be the issue with the rep too.

Gen photo:

1215620.jpg

Some more photos of the rep (from King's site). I assume the hands (that look quite dark in the photos) are actually silver, and just reflecting something.

EBEL-004-5.jpg

EBEL-004-4.jpg

EBEL-004-6.jpg

Guest Mr Jones

From beginning I think black with chrom, white is too quiet. Rotor stops me only from order, later when SS version they have again I think about order. But maybe way to TAG SLR and RivieraMagnum is better way for me. Later when they will fix rotor ....

Yeah it's quite amazing they didn't replicate the rotor, which is one of the cool things on the gen. Not a deal braker for me though... just a minor annoyance.

Hmm... I went to see Takashi's pics again. Maybe the black one is better choice anyway...

I agree with ByTor... The movement is already a dead giveaway, never mind the rotor. Most importantly, this watch feels very solid and is a very well made replica. They don't have 1:1 copy because of the availability of the movement, not because they don't want to.

surprised you going for this one Bytor, given the subdial spacing is out. I know its minor but still easy to tell if its a rep while on the wrist

I'm aware of the subdial spacing issue.

If someone calls me out... well, that'll be a great day, because then I have lived 10.000 years to meet someone who knows what Ebel BTR is... and calls me out on the subdial spacing. :D

Rolex and Omega are a bit different... but it's no issue for me on a obscure watch like this. I just love the design.

surprised you going for this one Bytor, given the subdial spacing is out. I know its minor but still easy to tell if its a rep while on the wrist

The watch itself screams quality. I would jolly well pick this rep and wear it often. Easy to tell on the wrist? Not really. The bigger running second subdial helps to mask it. Furthermore, there are genuine without the cutout large second subdial too but still with wrong dial spacing. The bottom line is: it's soooooo subtle that hardly someone will notice it.

By-Tor, both are beauties. The white shouldn't be hard to read, and on a bracelet...wow. but I love the black/yellow or black/red. Very eye catching. My choice would be black, but then again, I have plenty of white faces. (Love my Omega and Pam 188, etc.).