When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Airsoft Advice

TeeJay

I have a green gas glock I bought off of ebay. It is very accurate with a lot of metal parts. I can fire through two magazines before I have to refill the gas and the gas is in the clip which is very convenient. It is semi auto with blowback and the slide locks open when empty. It is lots of fun. My ex GF told me to shoot her in the ass with it when I got it to see if it hurt (she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed god bless her). Didn't kill her but she couldn't sit down for about 20 minutes so I concur that these can't be used for self defense. Lots of fun though. Might be worth joining that group to get one. I wouldn't mind a good skirmish now and then. As kids we used to hunt eachother with actual bb guns. Those hurt a bit more even at 20 yards.

lmao, if its true that "the dumber they are, the better the fcuk" then i bet she was lots of fun =)

nice story indeed :p my girl always freaks out when she sees a gun... especialy my gun B)

I kinda want to get into skirmishing; airsoft seems like a LOT more my style than paintball. Lately I've been reading up on these things, there are good Chinese copies of most of the expensive Japanese guns flooding the market. Nowadays you can get a very serviceable electric assault rifle or submachinegun for about $120, a really decent gas pistol for $80, and even a bolt-action sniper rifle for $100; leaving plenty of money for the internal upgrades the airsoft forums live for.

My understanding of US law is you buy the gun with a blaze orange barrel tip, but it's only required for transporting the gun. Most guns have threaded barrels so the orange tip is easily swapped out, and some even come with a spare non-orange flash hider.

That's my beef with such laws. Okay, sure, they need to prevent such things 'falling into the wrong hands', but what I think 'they' tend to forget, is that 'the wrong hands' will get hold of them (and real steel) regardless of any laws governtments enact... All these laws do, is penalize people with a legitimate interest in shooting :(

For handguns their is only one Western Arms man they are so good quality comperd to KSC and Mauri.

I have had them all and WA is the number one..

dsc0116mb8.jpg

Cheers

For handguns their is only one Western Arms man they are so good quality comperd to KSC and Mauri.

I have had them all and WA is the number one..

dsc0116mb8.jpg

Cheers

Now that is a nice gun :) Classic 1911 controlls, nice looking grips, alround, an awesome piece :) I must admit, I do prefer the ergonomic grip of the P99, but I'll certainly look into WA as a company and see what they do :) Thanks :)

nice gun Dani! i like it. which model is it? how many bb's can you get out with one gas charge?

Don't remeber model name but it can use about 3-4 full mags before the gas is gone.

I also have a modded KSC glock 23 full auto man that is a mad gun i em sure it can penetrate skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Current UK law states that as long as you play three games (days) of airsoft at a proper airsoft site you then get the ability to buy airsoft guns that look the same as their real steel counterparts.

You can however buy those with different colours/ clear parts without any airsoft site participation, but they look bloody awful! Still quite a bit of investment in time and a few pounds to play, but quite fun nonetheless! Incidentally Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK were you can still legally buy real handguns, with the appropriate licence of course, go figure!

I'm not to sure with regards to law on this, but some of those airsoft forums have "used guns for sale" sections, the law regarding sale might simply be restricted to "new" airsoft guns, not second hand. :)