When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skeleton Watches

surrealmethod

I have always been fascinated by the skeleton watches but I've never gone to actually know them by brand or style so I call on you guys to guide me a little.

I'm looking for a brand or style that is very modern, stainless band as I don't like leather, not too complicated.

I like this one... but leather/

steinhausen-beethoven-skeleton-automatic-watch-s.jpg

This one is nice but too complicated inside

jlc_image.337272.jpg

I noticed the skeleton thread posted a little before this one but I didn't want to hijack the thread as its not the same topic. But I did notice some skeletons in that thread, the ones that have fine detail in the engravings, but they had leather straps.

So any recomendation on brands that I should look for or where I can go to find some and compare different models?

So any recomendation on brands that I should look for or where I can go to find some and compare different models?

I like skeletons, too - but the gens are too expensive and reps I've found look really cheap.

Kenneth Cole has some very affordable Gens (+-$150) that don't look bad, based on Chinese movements.

google android watches - lots of skeletons - also google millionsmart you can't buy from there, but it will give you an idea of whats on the inexpensive market - also, ebay will produce plenty of results.

you didn't mention what your price range is - if you want to go super awesome but without paying superawesome prices - forum member T sells custom decorated skeletn movements that are amazing - and he can also sell you the case ect ect.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tourbillon1801/

this is mine that is still a work in progress -

pvd3hn3.jpg

I've got a skeleton in the closet... But only one.

191_9113.jpg

191_9102.jpg

190_9098.jpg

A bit of an interesting piece- A very nice, old skeletonized 2892 ETA (Swiss) encased in an old TW Best Constellation case.

Typically, I'm not a big gold kind of guy, but with this movement, the two tone combination works (the steel lends a good balance to the gold bits).

google android watches - lots of skeletons - also google millionsmart you can't buy from there, but it will give you an idea of whats on the inexpensive market - also, ebay will produce plenty of results.

you didn't mention what your price range is - if you want to go super awesome but without paying superawesome prices - forum member T sells custom decorated skeletn movements that are amazing - and he can also sell you the case ect ect.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tourbillon1801/

this is mine that is still a work in progress -

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6615/pvd3hn3.jpgimg

Well I want to buy 2-3 watches in the next month or so. I'm looking for a very nice blue watch, something along the lines of an aquaracer or a blue rolex. Then I'm looking for something a little different, and the look of a nice skeleton would be perfect.

I was thinking about spending about $300-$500 for the blue watch and the skeleton about $500 or so if I find what I'm looking for.

The watch you showed is very nice with the two tone. I'm digging it. But I really don't like leather straps.

I'll take a look at everyone's recomendations and I'll come back and make an update to what I find.

Thanks to everyone thats helped or given an opinion.