When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hublot bang updates

eagle_lex

First, thanks for the opportunity to join the forum. i have several gens (rolex/breitling) and i am looking to purchase my first rep... a Hublot Bang. My question is how well are they holding up? any issues? i have read post after post, and have decided on either the ice ultimate with the ceramic bezel, or the platinum mat. i originally wanted the all black, but i THINK the date wheel is white with black font. that is a BIG problem for me for some reason.

Can anyone offer me some advice as far as how they like their mats or ice and how they are holding up to day to day wear and or abuse? really concerned about the finish wearing off for some dumb reason... also if you have any insight on the date wheel for the all black i would love to hear it.

once again thank you and i look forward to hearing all of your valuable knowledge and opinions!

Edited by eagle_lex

I have the light version with PVD bezel and no AR with 28.8K A7550 (sticker on rotor). Am very happy with the fit, finish and overall accuracy- it's not the model you are chasing though.

Flick the collector(s) of your choice an email re datewheel.

First, thanks for the opportunity to join the forum. i have several gens (rolex/breitling) and i am looking to purchase my first rep... a Hublot Bang. My question is how well are they holding up? any issues? i have read post after post, and have decided on either the ice ultimate with the ceramic bezel, or the platinum mat. i originally wanted the all black, but i THINK the date wheel is white with black font. that is a BIG problem for me for some reason.

Can anyone offer me some advice as far as how they like their mats or ice and how they are holding up to day to day wear and or abuse? really concerned about the finish wearing off for some dumb reason... also if you have any insight on the date wheel for the all black i would love to hear it.

once again thank you and i look forward to hearing all of your valuable knowledge and opinions!

I have the light version with PVD bezel and no AR with 28.8K A7550 (sticker on rotor). Am very happy with the fit, finish and overall accuracy- it's not the model you are chasing though.

Flick the collector(s) of your choice an email re datewheel.

thanks guys! i have already "read around" and most of what i was finding was the guys/gals who posted their watch upon its arrival. i was asking how they are still doing after some wear and abuse. didnt see much on that topic as i searched.

as for emailing dealers... didnt want to bother them (i know they are busy trying to ship your watches out). i just thougth people here would love to talk about their hublot experiences.

Have had my all stainless steel HBB V.1 for over 15 months now.....the only problem I had was that the rubber on the chrono came off after 12 months....got a replacement and was a 30 sec. fix.

Have had a Steel with Ceramic bezel for almost a year and a RG with ceramic for almost 2 months now.

Haven't had any issues with the movement...or otherwise. with any of the watches.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Have had my all stainless steel HBB V.1 for over 15 months now.....the only problem I had was that the rubber on the chrono came off after 12 months....got a replacement and was a 30 sec. fix.

Have had a Steel with Ceramic bezel for almost a year and a RG with ceramic for almost 2 months now.

Haven't had any issues with the movement...or otherwise. with any of the watches.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Samurai,

thank you so much for your experiences. wear those in good health!

Welcome to the board, and to the wonderful world of reps!

I've had my two HBB's for quite some time, and no issues so far with movements or anything . If you're planning on wearing it often, I suggest you take it to your local watchsmith and have the movement oiled and serviced. They come un-oiled from the factory, so it's a worthwhile investment - it also makes the watch run much quieter and the rotor wind much more smoothly.

As far as looks go - prepare, because a lot of people will notice it. It's an extremely cool watch, but it's certainly not wearable in formal occasions...

That's my two cents! Good luck with your purchases, and yet again welcome to a fantastic hobby :D

Cheers,

Pedro