When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lubing & Resealing ?

im2

Hello all!

I have decided that my next rep will be again a rlx rep but this time i want to do it better. I am planning to buy a SSD and (apart from doing some mods) try to lube and use new rubber gaskets to assure its waterproofness.

So has anyone tried it? What gaskets do i need for SSD ? How many different types? What sizes? (please if u know ..be specific coz i will buy them..)

What about the lubricant? Which one should buy? Where should i apply it on the watch ? Is it better to use silicone?

Well maybe to the.. ''connaisseurs'' my questions sound silly ... (e.g. oil or silicone) but the issue here is how can i assure as much possible the waterproofness of the watch..

Thanx !

The existing gasket on the SSD will be fine. The gasket might be dry though. You can get silicon grease at Ofrei. Don't use anything else as it may breakdown the rubber.

Grease Link at Ofrei

There's a gasket lubricator system that is good...there are other gasket greases listed on the page. I get my stuff locally in Toronto. You can also get some at scuba shops for sealing waterproof camera case gaskets.

Hello all!

I have decided that my next rep will be again a rlx rep but this time i want to do it better. I am planning to buy a SSD and (apart from doing some mods) try to lube and use new rubber gaskets to assure its waterproofness.

So has anyone tried it? What gaskets do i need for SSD ? How many different types? What sizes? (please if u know ..be specific coz i will buy them..)

What about the lubricant? Which one should buy? Where should i apply it on the watch ? Is it better to use silicone?

Well maybe to the.. ''connaisseurs'' my questions sound silly ... (e.g. oil or silicone) but the issue here is how can i assure as much possible the waterproofness of the watch..

Thanx !

The existing gasket on the SSD will be fine. The gasket might be dry though. You can get silicon grease at Ofrei. Don't use anything else as it may breakdown the rubber.

Grease Link at Ofrei

There's a gasket lubricator system that is good...there are other gasket greases listed on the page. I get my stuff locally in Toronto. You can also get some at scuba shops for sealing waterproof camera case gaskets.

Get the first two on that link, that's what I use. The FB-900 for the gaskets and the KT-22 for the stems, crowns and pushers! Ofrei also sells a box of several sizes of rubber gaskets. There's like over a hundred of them in it! From the smallest (crowns) to the biggest case set cover!

Good luck! I've been doing the same to all the watches I have and they all are water resistant from 3ATM and up! I just did that to my new BR02 and went swimming with it yesterday....no water problems! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Many many thanx for the help !! You were really specific.. Thanx a lot!:)

Well... silly question no2 : I guess i have to open the case back of the SSD (or any other watch) to lube the gasket, right? i bet sound stupid but i want to do it well..