When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vacheron Constantin Oversea

wadan

I highly doubt that there's a real ETA in that watch on ioffer. I also think the description is wrong-- the watch probably isn't 42mm. It'll more likely be 38mm. This model has been available for a long time, but most of dealers don't carry it because it's kind of cheap.

If you really want that version of the watch, I'd recommend going with Tonyxkf instead of Paul. Tonyxkf is a good dealer if you're looking for a cheaper watch (under $100). IMO, you shouldn't be paying more than about $100 for that watch, since, to my knowledge, it only comes with a 21j. You can find both versions at Tony's site here:

http://www.rolex2u.com/details.php?product_id=10119

and here:

http://www.rolex2u.com/details.php?product_id=10117

The listed price is $108, but you can haggle with him.

I highly doubt that there's a real ETA in that watch on ioffer. I also think the description is wrong-- the watch probably isn't 42mm. It'll more likely be 38mm. This model has been available for a long time, but most of dealers don't carry it because it's kind of cheap.

If you really want that version of the watch, I'd recommend going with Tonyxkf instead of Paul. Tonyxkf is a good dealer if you're looking for a cheaper watch (under $100). IMO, you shouldn't be paying more than about $100 for that watch, since, to my knowledge, it only comes with a 21j. You can find both versions at Tony's site here:

http://www.rolex2u.com/details.php?product_id=10119

and here:

http://www.rolex2u.com/details.php?product_id=10117

The listed price is $108, but you can haggle with him.

Iam sorry but the 108usd watch ur showing is a totally different watch paul is carying. take a look at the back engraving for dog sake ;) ... the 108s for that pos is way overprices it shoudl be no more then 25 usd, which i would not spend on it.

paul's movement is the seagull 2982 copy movement, which is a good movement, but not ETA.

Both those watches listed in the OP are powered by a seagul ST18, not a swiss 2836, on the whole a good movement but i dont think they are worth the asking price by a long way, on a good front the movement can be replaced with a 2892 or another seagull (and this is a good movement BTW) for less then

Both those watches listed in the OP are powered by a seagul ST18, not a swiss 2836, on the whole a good movement but i dont think they are worth the asking price by a long way, on a good front the movement can be replaced with a 2892 or another seagull (and this is a good movement BTW) for less then

Only 36mm it looks alot larger?

Yep, it does - but don't let the pics fool you :)

I'd be very surprised if they made this in a new, larger case (current Overseas is 42mm).

Check this out for more pics:

http://indepth.watchprosite.com/show-nblog.post/ti-352177/

Cheers!

Pedro

EDIT: On pam111's site, higher up in this thread, it says 38mm. Might actually be true, but it still wears smaller than my already small 36mm IWC (a gen 3741) :)

Edited by donpedro

An old school rep that was one of my first super reps I bought from Sunshine B) about 3 or 4 years ago. Back then it did come housed with an eta 2892 and was pricey at the time. Most accurate dial along with the best engraved caseback I have seen in a Overseas to date. Ruby had these at one time, may give her a mail though the movement would be different. A couple of pics of my black dial with stick markers, and it`s 38mm but wears much bigger on the wrist because of how the bracelet combines with the case.

00043530001cz2fh4.jpg

0004460kp9.jpg

0004464tn4.jpg

An old school rep that was one of my first super reps I bought from Sunshine B) about 3 or 4 years ago. Back then it did come housed with an eta 2892 and was pricey at the time. Most accurate dial along with the best engraved caseback I have seen in a Overseas to date. Ruby had these at one time, may give her a mail though the movement would be different. A couple of pics of my black dial with stick markers, and it`s 38mm but wears much bigger on the wrist because of how the bracelet combines with the case.

00043530001cz2fh4.jpg

0004460kp9.jpg

0004464tn4.jpg

OMG :Jumpy:

that looks stuning

now I Desperately one

This oldschool VC Overseas is one of the watches which surely should be on the "best of all times reps" list IMHO... Simply beautiful, great details and even the best pictures do not do justice for the dial. Some might say it looks boring but I

I have this rep - the version with the stick markers on the dial. Just to clarify a bit about this one, the dial is very nice, but it is not very accurate (on the stick marker version). The rep dial is textured like the current VCO dial, but the gen dial has no texture on it at all. This is one of those situations where the rep dial is not accurate, but it's actually nicer than the gen. The version with the number markers is probably more accurate.

Although it's a very nice rep, it's hardly 1:1. For example, the crown guards on the case are far too small. In addition, the overall finish of the watch is nowhere near as good as the current "super reps" like the HBB or some of the IWCs out there. No jeweler would ever believe the finish on the case, bezel, and bracelet of this rep would have come out of VC's factory.