When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wrong hand stack is such an issue for many...

By-Tor

Guest carlsbadrolex

Blah blah blah... pretty watch blah blah blah...

Im trying to do this in my "Little George" [censored] Cheney voice!

I cannot [censored]ing believe the name [censored] is censored...

[censored] that [censored] Cheney nonsense. What if I want to talk about my PUSSY cat? Or my pet [censored]?

OH, so I can say PUSSY but not [censored]....

WONDERFUL!!!

OK, back on topic... Nice watch, sell it to me!

It really is not a big issue since so few people will know anything about hand stacks or whether yours is right or wrong, & even fewer will ever get close enough to your watch to check it either way. But it is 1 of those little details that ices the cake & you know how neurotic watch collectors are. :rolleyes:

It really is not a big issue since so few people will know anything about hand stacks or whether yours is right or wrong, & even fewer will ever get close enough to your watch to check it either way. But it is 1 of those little details that ices the cake & you know how neurotic watch collectors are. :rolleyes:

True, we're obsessed.

If it starts to bother me, I can always wear my other one. :)

5.jpg

PS Freddy: I'm still battling with myself whether I should get the new GMTIIc or not. The design of that watch does nothing for me (gen or rep). But the rep is so good... maybe I give up and buy one. :)

Thanks man, I really like it too.

No secrets, here's info how to build a similar one:

1. The watch is the standard Noobfactory GMT II, with ichs. bklm1234 can source it.

2. New bezel with sharp teeth. It's virtually indistinguishable from the gen. It's a small but important detail. The default bezel teeth look dull and wrong. Again, get one from bk.

3. New insert. I have plenty of them. This has a bit too tall numbers (no biggie as many resellers install aftermarket inserts on these), but I like the correct "burgundy" red tone. From "WHOLESALEOUTLET" Ebay seller. It's better to file it a bit thinner to get it recessed properly. Judging from the big pic, I could probably file it a little bit more still...

4. Crown guards modified (only file the insides straight, no big deal)

5. Genuine crown and tube (thanks Takashi & JustAsGood)

6. New, thin GMT hand from the "Retro" version. Thanks to Joshua for the crown, and Taka for installing it! (the default ichs GMT hand is thick and ugly)

That's it. Fairly inexpensive project, and the end result is rather good. Go for it! :)

Thanks By-Tor. Was wondering exactly what went into yours. Planning to have BK do my ICHS Coke the same way. What all was done to the CHS Pepsi? I have one but with the incorrect dial. BK has sourced a dial for me but what else should I do?

PS Freddy: I'm still battling with myself whether I should get the new GMTIIc or not. The design of that watch does nothing for me (gen or rep). But the rep is so good... maybe I give up and buy one. :)

I say go for it By-Tor. Maybe it will grow on you like the YM did.

Thanks By-Tor. Was wondering exactly what went into yours. Planning to have BK do my ICHS Coke the same way. What all was done to the CHS Pepsi?

Pretty much the same mods, except there was no need to change the GMT hand (which was perfect otb).

Those were exactly my feelings as well & I remain mostly unmoved by the overall design. But this rep's build & finish quality is so good (especially the execution of the 'ceramic' bezel) that I felt it was better to ride the crest of the buying wave now than to let it pass me by & end up reading about another legendary rep that I 'could have had if I had only.........'

I think the GMTIIC has a bit too much polish (like most modern Rolexes) to be useful as a daily wearer or beater replacement. But, curiously, I find it a very easy watch to wear since it looks alot like my beater.

drsdgmtIIc20111.jpg

...I'm still battling with myself whether I should get the new GMTIIc or not. The design of that watch does nothing for me (gen or rep). But the rep is so good... maybe I give up and buy one. :)

Why you just don't try the ASIAN version, under $200, it's a real bargain IMHO for this kind of quality rep.

Why you don't just try the ASIAN version, under $200, it's a bargain IMHO for this kind of rep.

I agree. I'm just not sure if it'd receive any wrist time or not.

There are so many amazing reps, but I never wanted to buy watches that would collect the dust in the watch box. Eurotimez promised to send me one for a review. Perhaps that review could lead to a purchase (if it manages to capture my heart). :)

I agree. I'm just not sure if it'd receive any wrist time or not.

There are so many amazing reps, but I never wanted to buy watches that would collect the dust in the watch box. Eurotimez promised to send me one for a review. Perhaps that review could lead to a purchase (if it manages to capture my heart). :)

just got yesterday the Asian - version : feels like an ETA has all the ETA markings - stamp, 2836-2 ect

and keeps excellent time - +2 Sec so far.

btw - the movement looks more clean/shiny or whatever you want to call it :) compared to my

real ETAs ...

so Asia for me was a good choice.

Frank

just got yesterday the Asian - version : feels like an ETA has all the ETA markings - stamp, 2836-2 ect

btw - the movement looks more clean/shiny or whatever you want to call it :) compared to my

real ETAs ...

Frank

I think we take too much importance to have a rep with a ETA mvt instead of the Asian one. I was catch too in my last purschase. I bought the GMT II with the ASIAN, but I bought the SSD with the Swiss mvt. I could be happy too with the ASIAN mv, but I go with the Swiss one, and I regret it little bit. If the Asian is reliable like the Swiss mvt, there's no reason to go with the Swiss one. A rep watch is a rep watch, why have a rep case, and not the rep mvt? A Rep with a swiss mvt give more "gen" spirit to it? humm... question that I ask myself... :g:

real ETAs ...

Frank

@kelster....thanks for the info on the ASian! I also ordered the same model and it should be here Tues.

Now I feel much better about my decision!