When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM91 specs

kye_lin

The official OP catalogue must be wrong, it says that the CG is brushed SS. :g:

It would not be the 1st time that OP declares something wrong in their catalogues anyway. :lol:

The 91 was my first gen...

The Crown and CG are both Ti. Only the bezel, caseback, and every other link in the bracelet is SS

sorry, as much as i hate it david ... i have to disagree with you here. unless there were different productions the bezel is ss, the case is tt, the caseback is ss, the lever is tt, the crown guard is ss but i am unsure of the actual crown. i am wearing my "e" series right now and am 100% sure. here is the best picture i could find for proof although it's still very hard to tell. i hope this helps!

PAM09111-1.jpg

sorry, as much as i hate it david ... i have to disagree with you here. unless there were different productions the bezel is ss, the case is tt, the caseback is ss, the lever is tt, the crown guard is ss but i am unsure of the actual crown. i am wearing my "e" series right now and am 100% sure. here is the best picture i could find for proof although it's still very hard to tell. i hope this helps!

PAM09111-1.jpg

I love that watch! Beautiful watch you got there. Man, I've been looking for a pam91 or the 165. I also like the black dial.

post-6598-1214639040_thumb.jpg

post-6598-1214639059_thumb.jpgpost-6598-1214639219_thumb.jpg

i think with this image you can see what is what.

rolli

post-2837-1214643850_thumb.jpg

That is a PAM165....black dial... not anthracite dial.... That is very clear that it has a polished CG, crown and bezel...

So.... Ti crown or SS crown for the PAM91 .. anyone???

Kai

is this a 165 ???

but the dial is anthracite.

rolli

post-2837-1214646219_thumb.jpg

That is a PAM165....black dial... not anthracite dial.... That is very clear that it has a polished CG, crown and bezel...

So.... Ti crown or SS crown for the PAM91 .. anyone???

Kai

@kye: from the catalogue again, the crown looks polished.

@rolli: your watch looks a hybrid. If you tell me which numbers are engraved on the caseback, I might tell you more.

You are welcome, kye.

Please be advised that, while on the CG the cataloge clearly says "brushed SS" in text (well, it actually says "acciaio satinato", in Italian), it does not say anything about the crown. Polished crown look is just showing in the 091 pic.

i have in my pam091 image archive both versions.

combined brushed and polished application with anthracite dial,

and complete brushed with anthracite dial.

rolli

@rolli: your watch looks a hybrid. If you tell me which numbers are engraved on the caseback, I might tell you more.

PAM09111-1.jpg

Not sure, but I wouldn't think the spec would have changed so much... but I am going by only the memory and photos, as the watch has since passed... Here are some photyos of my 91D:

img1883resizewp4.jpg

img1882resizeaw6.jpg

img1788resizerq6.jpg

img1606resizeng6.jpg

img1522resizevo7.jpg

img1520resizexl9.jpg

img1472resizemm1.jpg

img2181bresizepk0.jpg

i think with this image you can see what is what.

rolli

img2640hn6.jpg

Not sure what this is, but the 91 is brushed, not polished, so it would be a different model than the 91

Thought I'd better submit the catalogue page to your own evaluation.

It's a 2002 catalogue, therefore it is a 091E.

I marked in yellow the text concerning the CG.

2002opcataloguescanpb9.jpg

I thought the CG looks brushed SS in the pics...

You guys with the Gens..... The crown... Polished SS or matt/brushed looking?? If matt.. then likely Ti..

Thanks all for the info...

Kai

i signed on to check out the progress of this post and all hell has broken loose. lol. please have a look at the picture below. it is of my gen 091 and my brother's gen 220. you can see that the 220's crown is polished ss, therefor i am quite certain that the 091 is brushed ss, not tt. the reason it looks polished in some pictures is because it is not brushed between the ridges.

PAM091220.jpg

other than that, i am 100% sure of my original post above stating that the bezel is brushed ss, the case is tt, the caseback is brushed ss, the lever is tt and the crown guard is brushed ss. also for clarification, the watch rolli posted is a 091 with polished ss accents instead of brushed ss. i have seen this posted on another site and can assure you that the watch did not come like that ... the ss was polished to that finish. kai, i'd love to hear what you are up to? sounds like you are considering building an 091 from scratch. the only issue you are going to have is finding the dial. all the best!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all..

So where can I get the best rep CG for my PAM91 project?? Which existing rep model has a decent enough brushed CG for this??

I thought about using a V CG.. but that will be incorrect as the lever is central and not biased to the top end like in the pics...

Kai