When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Sub is the best from EuroTimez?

IanH

There is no best. They are all different. Stainless in my opinion is better because there is nothing to wear off. The The noobmariner is the best in price. The Euromariner has a better rehault and takes gen parts. It depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. The one that meets your needs of accuracy and price is the best model for you.

Edited by gplracer

Hmmm,

Good point. I currently wear a SMP chrono rep which is superb and, to be honest, is a grail watch.

I have owned several Rolex Sub reps and sold them on as they have not really satisfied my lust for a real Sub. What I mean is, they've never really felt like the real deal. There's always been that niggling feeling that something is not quite right about them and they always look OK on other people but not in the flesh. It's very hard to explain.

I know that my SMP chrono is a fake but I don't care. when i wear a Rolex fake it really does matter to me but I don't know why. Perhaps it's because I read too much on this forum? Or it's because I have owned real Rolexes in the past. I even had a 14060 no date Sub for a short while and hated it because it didn't have a date function.

Maybe I want too much?

Perhaps I will only be satisfied with the real thing?

Other people's wrist shots make them look great. When I see them in the flesh, they look crap. Perhaps I'm cracking up.

I own a couple of gen subs, a 1680 and a 16800. But right now I'm wearing my noobmariner. I paid $99 for this watch from River, it's the one with the eta clone movt. Put a gen crown and tube on it, a couple of better pearls- lost one, trimmed the cg's and it's been tested for WR to 4 atm. The watch is a great beater and I love it because I don't have to worry about tearing it up. I guess that is why I love these reps. And I've learned how to mod these watches myself by hanging out here. I'm just waiting for Eurotimez to come out with the Euromariner (hopefully with lugholes). Then I'll be building the next beater! Some guys around here are building great watches for $500-1000 and that's a whole lot less than a new 16610 at $5850 plus tax. And let's face it, no one can really tell that they aren't the real thing- these watches are just too damn good!

16800 on the left, noob on the right:

post-175-1214692357_thumb.jpg