When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One sexy ass DeWitt

Jaymoi

Here is the link to the DeWitt:

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2829

Now to me, this is perfection! Big, bold, elegant, exclusive, mmmmmm

Thing is, i cannot seem to find any info on this watch, the GEN version, i get fussy when it comes to getting watches that are very very close to the GENS.

If anyone knows any dirt oin the 1:1-ness of this bad boy then it would be really appreciated.

Ta,

Moi

http://theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/webf...p;type=overview

As far as I know this particular version (1940) comes only in precious metals. It lists for $30-40k and sells in the second hand market for just under $20k or so. It has a completely redone Valjoux movement in it. You can find the SS original chronograph with less refined movement (which lists for $15k or so) for $7k or less.

http://theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/webf...p;type=overview

As far as I know this particular version (1940) comes only in precious metals. It lists for $30-40k and sells in the second hand market for just under $20k or so. It has a completely redone Valjoux movement in it. You can find the SS original chronograph with less refined movement (which lists for $15k or so) for $7k or less.

That is a very interesting watch which also comes in a white face version. Makes a change to have a hand wound, Venus movement which I believe

is generally a pretty solid engine.

Not sure how many amongst us can pull off a $40k piece but it is probably the same number as there are people on the planet who could call you out for wearing an incorrect, limited edition, De Witt.

Wrist shot?

• 3 weeks later...

DeWitt Academia Chronographe 1940 rep with white dial was one of my favorite rep. Thought I will buy this next. Movement is good, looks like gen. But today I don`t think that I will buy this rep Academia Chronographe 1940.

Main reasons.Gen dial is silver( white gold) , rep dial is white ( ok, silver white), but dial colour is not like gen.

Rep second hand has a red end, gen hands are all dark.

Rep sub-dials are smooth, gen has a waved sub-dials. If sub-dials will be waved in the future and dial are silver , then probably I will buy.

Here you can check gen dial( just click to the watch):

http://watchluxus.cn/brands/dewitt/academi...ac_6003_53_m700

Black dial is not available for gen Chronographe 1940 ( but maybe I am wrong..) , and those white hands...it is nice watch but not even close to gen.

And those other`s DeWitt rep models, RG numeral markers are too red. Gen has a yellow gold, rep has a red gold.

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2306

Will wait until good( more accurate)DeWitt rep will be available :)

A fake DeWitt :) and great looking with that movement too :wub: ........even so I get the feeling that this is sacrilege :( ......a fake DeWitt just does not sound good..canr really be repped that well....but then again it is a lot less expensive than the real deal.....I have mixed emotions about this one :g:

Mine arrived today.

Everthing is perfect apart from one aspects of what Sul mentioned; the chronos are smooth not waved. Also, spacing on the subdials is a little off, just by like 1mm.

Apart from that, it is perfect. Silver dial, NO red marker for seconds hand, etc ,etc. I'll post pics soon! :)

Silver dial, NO red marker for seconds hand, etc ,etc. I'll post pics soon! :)

That is good information B) Will wait pics

Numbers are painted decently? What colour? Black or like a dark-blue numbers? Pics are needed indeed :)

This Dewitt is pretty much spot on. (what are the odds that you'll have the real one to compare?). It is a great watch. winds smooth and has been bulletproof.

dewittchronopu6.jpg

again.. for me only reason not to buy is this model are those RG numeral markers, they are too red.

Gen Dewitt are with yellow-gold markers.

But generally it is nice rep DeWitt indeed ;)

• 2 weeks later...
This Dewitt is pretty much spot on. (what are the odds that you'll have the real one to compare?). It is a great watch. winds smooth and has been bulletproof.

dewittchronopu6.jpg

@robertk, that is super sharp, but I want the black one! The black one was suppose to be copied from a GEN! I compared it to so many pictures online and it almost look like spot-on!

BTW: How is it so far? Have you tested the water resistance yet? Suppose tobe good down to 30m!

@robertk, that is super sharp, but I want the black one! The black one was suppose to be copied from a GEN! I compared it to so many pictures online and it almost look like spot-on!

BTW: How is it so far? Have you tested the water resistance yet? Suppose tobe good down to 30m!

I washed my hands with it.