When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

H-series STyle CG on Standard Ti PAM

Fish

I think it looks great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have a 177H on the way from Joshua myself, and I hope to source a "T" titanium crown.

Would be nice to fit a "V" CG also, but it dosn't come in titanium.. -_-

Did you get your CG from Davidsen?

-- ReMo

I think it looks great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have a 177H on the way from Joshua myself, and I hope to source a "T" titanium crown.

Would be nice to fit a "V" CG also, but it dosn't come in titanium.. -_-

Did you get your CG from Davidsen?

-- ReMo

The CG i used for this mod was originally a DSN Ti CG. I had to widen the screw holes and get them more to the side. Tricky without heavy machines! Then I used a belt sander to get the rough shape of the topside, rest was done with sanding paper. For cutting the CG feet (important for tight lock-down) i used a Dremel and sanding paper.

I wasted one CG on the way to get the holes right so I would say that this is not an easy DIY mod without serious tools.

from which ti model is your davidsen ti crown-guard ??

rolli

The CG i used for this mod was originally a DSN Ti CG. I had to widen the screw holes and get them more to the side. Tricky without heavy machines! Then I used a belt sander to get the rough shape of the topside, rest was done with sanding paper. For cutting the CG feet (important for tight lock-down) i used a Dremel and sanding paper.

I wasted one CG on the way to get the holes right so I would say that this is not an easy DIY mod without serious tools.

You widened the holes so that the Davidsen would screw into the standard case? I guess the difference was small enough that the screws would still hold the cg taut against the case.

The trick is to cut the big holes from 2,8mm to 3,3mm while shifting the hole center about 0,25mm to the ends of the CG. The small hole inside where the screw goes through has to be widened to 2mm and shifted about 0,25mm to the ends so it becomes a long hole leaving a rim where the screws hold the CG to the case.

Obviously you can

Edited by Fish

I have a 177H from josh. The lever itself is very small.

Thats a LOT of work you did. think replacing the lever itself would be easier? dvsn sell them and would it fit the stock 177H CG?

I have a stock Joshua CG with the feet shortened to get a correct, but still a little smooth lock-down with 0,5mm distance between case and crown.

Lever was made flush with the CG and lever space was tightened. For obvious reasons I don