When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Comex Project

dalayclass

Here is the beginning of my project. I have received it on saturday. Bought on ebay for 908$, running great. I will have to change the date wheel and the stem but my watch repairer told me he had some for nothing and that it was no use spending a lot for those pieces.

The dial should arrive tomorrow or the day after tomorrow...

post-5540-1214828947_thumb.jpg

post-5540-1214828966_thumb.jpg

Here is the beginning of my project. I have received it on saturday. Bought on ebay for 908$, running great. I will have to change the date wheel and the stem but my watch repairer told me he had some for nothing and that it was no use spending a lot for those pieces.

Wow, mate, you start from the heart: can I ask you how you intend to continue it? :)

Wow, mate, you start from the heart: can I ask you how you intend to continue it? :)

I have bought the dial from ND Trading, it should arrive tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

I bought the case from jewelryandwatch with all the gen stuff, they are working on it for the special Comex engraving (deep number). I did researches to have good Rolex serial number related with the year 1977 (when Comex 1665 was first delivered) and the Comex diver number.

For the band, I choose the MBK option and for that I contacted Eurotimez. Of course that's a 93150 with hallow mid link and 580 end links.

It should be finished within one month...

I have bought the dial from ND Trading, it should arrive tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

I bought the case from jewelryandwatch with all the gen stuff, they are working on it for the special Comex engraving (deep number). I did researches to have good Rolex serial number related with the year 1977 (when Comex 1665 was first delivered) and the Comex diver number.

For the band, I choose the MBK option and for that I contacted Eurotimez. Of course that's a 93150 with hallow mid link and 580 end links.

It should be finished within one month...

Fantastic! You said Eurotimez has a 93150 with 580 for sale? Damn I would be interested in this!

Great project, can't wait for pictures! ;)

@ bong: I took it from jewelry and watch because they use more gen parts and because they could customize the engravings nevertheless I took the dial from ND Trading because it was more accurate...

BTW, the dial arrived today at home, can't wait to leave job to see it!!!

And here is the dial from NDTrading

1 of NDtrading's better dials & a case of a dial vendor actually listening to buyers when they offer constructive suggestions for improvement (their original 5514 dial had the usual narrow crown & index markers, but they remade it after I sent Natalie some pictures & a description detailing the differences between their old dial & the gen). I am awaiting an MBW case from Eurotimez, which may re-appear sometime............