When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Keyless Works

lanikai

I was sure i had it in the wind position..guess not.. when I reinserted the crwon and drove it home I heard an ugly click ..not the nice snap of the stem returning home.. and now the stem wont stay locked.. it just keeps pulling out.. what to do ?? I asssume this is not an easy fix

thanks

lani

I was sure i had it in the wind position..guess not.. when I reinserted the crwon and drove it home I heard an ugly click ..not the nice snap of the stem returning home.. and now the stem wont stay locked.. it just keeps pulling out.. what to do ?? I asssume this is not an easy fix

thanks

lani

Relatively easy if you're comfortable removing the movement, you probably pushed in the set lever. The lever and clutch can be manually reset and the stem reinserted. Loosen the set screw a bit more and when inserting the stem try giving it a back and forth twist until it goes in without resistance.

Relatively easy if you're comfortable removing the movement, you probably pushed in the set lever. The lever and clutch can be manually reset and the stem reinserted. Loosen the set screw a bit more and when inserting the stem try giving it a back and forth twist until it goes in without resistance.

thanks but the clutch reset right after I posted.. but thank you for taking the time cls...

I would hazard a guess that the setting lever got bent or popped out of position (in the blue box). This is the part that gets depressed when you insert a screwdriver into the stem release on an ETA

settinglever.gif

You need to remove the hands & dial & check it. If the lever just popped out of position, it is easy to reset it. But if it is bent, you may need to order a replacement from julesborel.com or another parts house (unless you have a spare donor movement lying around).

thanks for the scematic Freddy .. big help !!!

fortunately the lever clicked back into place.. parts are not an issue as Ihave plenty of A7750's I'm willing to cannabalize..

I need to learn how to remove and reinstall hands that is hanging me up.. the removal looks relatively self explanitory.. what tool do you use for reinstalling ??

thanks in advance

R

I need to learn how to remove and reinstall hands that is hanging me up.. the removal looks relatively self explanitory.. what tool do you use for reinstalling ??

thanks in advance

R

A hand remover to remove. A hand setter to replace. Maybe some rodico to get them in place.

thanks.. but I think it's a liiiitle more involved than that.. ;)

Actually, it's that easy. Use a small piece of Rodico at the tip to pick up the hand and use the handsetting tool to press it onto the movement pin. You'll need some practice to increase your control, but this is basically it.

Be careful to use the right size of handsetting tool. GMT and hour hands have a bigger size than the chrono seconds hand.

Actually, it's that easy. Use a small piece of Rodico at the tip to pick up the hand and use the handsetting tool to press it onto the movement pin. You'll need some practice to increase your control, but this is basically it.

Be careful to use the right size of handsetting tool. GMT and hour hands have a bigger size than the chrono seconds hand.

thanks scoobs bazz gave me some very helpful tips.. you guy's are great..

happy 4th

lani